It had been exactly 32 minutes since the consequential introductions. jungkook had been spell bound for the better half of the 32 minutes, the others probably just assuming he was simply being a little awkward given his history with Taehyung. 

he kept mum, mind whirring to keep up with everything happening, to analyze yoongi and so far all he had gathered was, jungkook was in for an ordeal by fire. oh and that he loved iced americano and was a complete sheer black and white contradiction to the subject of his nightly dreams. 

so engrossed was he in his despondent musings he didnt notice a chestnut haired man with shoulders wider than the earth itself and a built jungkook had more than often found himself envying goodnaturedly because "why does a cafe owner need such a hot damn body especially since he already had an intelligent as fuck boyfriend who he would probably end up marrying in the near future and when there were people who needed that body more than he did aka jungkook" step to their table and ask for a feedback in a very jintlemanly fashion. at least not till yoongi gasped in recognition. "ay. Seokjin-ssi. its been so long." and jungkook's head snapped upwards. why was he so surprised? he should have expected his presence considering his mother and him owned this cafe. 

but the way seokjin's eyes skimmed past him without recognition caused a pang in his chest. it wasnt because Jin acted like he didnt know him. it was the reason behind doing so that hurt more.

Jin hyung didnt want to embarrass his donsaeng.

he thought if people found out that the rich, bratty heir to a monumental fortune, jeon jungkook, had a bastard brother who owned a little insignificant line of cafes, it would embarass him and he would much rather pretend jungkook was just annother demanding customer, it would save jungkook th trouble of becoming a laughing stock in front of his friends.

and jungkook still doesnt know what ever gave his hyung this particular absolutely ridiculous notion about himself because even if jungkook was a little disrespectful shit of a person who would probably get embarrassed if his mum came out wearing anything short of gucci or oscar de la renta in front of his equally bratty, rich (not nearly as rich as the jeons but close by) 'friends', jin hyung had always held a special place in his life. he was his adviser in life, his friend guide and philosopher. he didnt judge him and was the only one who had ever been given access to the real Jeon jungkook hiding under all those layers of years of faking it for the sake of fitting in. 

"Jin-Hyung! since when are you so rude? not even a hi to your favourite donsaeng??" yes he went all out, leaving everyone, except ofcourse yoongi, with their jaws dropped. 

"you know him? i mean you actually openly declared without hesitation that this hyung is your brother?" even jimin looked mildly impressed. 

"Hyung. say hi to me. i feel neglected." his childish pout pulled Seokjin out of his stupor who stuttered before giving in and pulling jungkook in one of those 'manly' a side hugs. 

"sorry jungkook-ah. i just thought you didnt want to be disturbed."

"you are never a disturbance hyung. also, you know yoongi-ssi? how?" he didnt know if he was allowed to refer to yoongi as hyung yet. and from the lack of correction on the pale, shorter man's part. jungkook was assuming he didnt have the sanction to do so yet anyways.

"Ah yes. we used to study together. I will just get going and leave you guys to it now. duty calls. Take care gukkie. And behave." jin was stern in his chiding, knowing the kind of bratty troublemaker  that jungkook was before he was moving his glorious self, dressed in a well fitted but cheap (in jungkook's standards atleast)white dress shirt tucked in slim fitted trousers back to insides of the cafe kitchen, probably to chastise and correct the "incompetent chefs who shouldnt even be called chefs and ended up making jin do all the work anyways" in the eldest's own words.