Physical Health

A/N:
The picture above is the picture of my grandma. She is kind, loving and the perfect figure to be my grandmother.

Although this book is mostly about mental health and its factors, I'd like to broach on the subject of physical health and how it might also affect your mental health. (Plus, I would also like to say a little about my dear grandmother.)

Don't lie, I know some of you don't even bother working out or eating healthy and sometimes you could be totally fine except if you have an underlying disease. When I was 11, (which was like a year after I originally wrote this chapter,) I got admitted into the hospital. 

You might also be like me, having a slightly wonky valve or maybe you could have diabetes. You might be fine right now, but your future would be affected dearly. Anyways, you should really care more about your physical health because your mental health might already be fucked up.

Okay, so to the original question, how would your physical health affect your mental health when there are close to no similarities? The answer is simple (bear in mind that this is simply my opinion), your mind could use this fact against you.

My story:

Ever since I got the thumbs up to go home, back in 2019, I knew that the battle to save my heart was not over. I even overheard someone saying that I might need a heart surgery and I did. Earlier, I was told that I didn't have to worry until I was 16 but apparently, I didn't really have to wait long.

2020 was already bad enough for me, with the pandemic, recovery from my toxic friends, but then I got the news about the surgery. Holding in tears was my specialty so no one suspected how it really affected me (unless someone I know read this book). Anyways, so now the doctors just handed my brain a weapon against me. 

The questions repeated again and again in my mind, "What if I die?" To make myself feel better, I read and watched Five Feet Apart because they... I can't spoil so I'm not saying anything although both were from 2 years ago. 

Anyways I lived, (obviously because or else how would I edit this book) but the damage was done. Now, I have a fear of blood and needles, all dreams of being a doctor evaporated. Since I was a young girl, I have looked up to my aunt who was a doctor and always wanted to be her. 

It was much the same with my grandmother except that she already accomplished her  courier long ago. She had diabetes and if you feel that you are lacking information, feel free to read what I wrote below.

What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. ... Insulin, a hormone made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy.

How many people have diabetes?
It is estimated that 415 million people are living with diabetes in the world, which is estimated to be 1 in 11 of the world's adult population. 46% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed. The figure is expected to rise to 642 million people living with diabetes worldwide by 2040.

How many types of diabetes are there?
2: type1 and type 2

How can you detect if you have diabetes type 1?
Symptoms. Type 1 diabetes sign and symptoms can appear relatively suddenly and may include: Increased thirst. Frequent urination

How can you detect if you have diabetes type 2?
Early signs and symptoms can include frequent  urination, increased thirst, feeling tired and hungry, vision problems, slow wound healing, and yeast infections.

Notes from my grandmother:
"What do you think about diabetes?" I asked her
"I hope that no one in my family gets it as it hardens your life. Take care of your health as you (me or anyone who has someone blood related that has diabetes) could maybe get it."

A/N:
I know it took long and I'm sorry I keep forgetting to ask my grandma anyways this is my grandma's account: AminahPit
Stay tuned:)