2. Drive Fast

So yes I'm a quick updater. I probably will try to make longer chapters than the last one but I don't want to start being self-conscious of my writing, so I'll keep it at my own pace. But anyways onto the chapter! (Also thanks to Djmon472 for reading this and adding that to their list...I think they're going to be one of my long time fans.)

John
When the train arrived in Liverpool, John could've sworn he fell asleep and was jolted awake by the sudden stopping of the train.

"7 AM?" He muttered. It couldn't have been 3 hours. Just 3?

John decided to brush off the thought and get off of the train. He picked up his travel mug and duffle bag and drank his smoothie. He had to go through the whole station before he could get to where he needed to be.

John was in Liverpool because he had been assigned to make a collage of a city. Since he didn't want to do the mediocre thing and do London, John decided to a city that was further way to see if it looked any different than London.

John didn't go to a physical university, but he did have to do assignments from his private professor that would come in when John needed the time.

(That right, sisters, John is an art student in this story!!)

He had to go up and down multiple sets of stairs to get to the taxi area and order a cab. He walked in front of a vacant bright yellow taxi and told him to go to the Liverpool Art Building.

It took only ten minutes to get to the small cement building. To passerby it looked like a regular building with nothing going on, but on the inside...

There was beauty.

When John pushed the door open, he could see so many people walking around with aprons splattered with color, wet hands from working with pottery, and photographers, just like him.

All artists who were dreamers. Just like him.

He had to go to room 417 which meant he had to go up to the fourth floor and meet the photography director.

The only thing he had gotten from the professor about her is her business card.

Mariana Green
10705 North Red-eye Street
Room 417

John was excited but nervous at the same time to meet the person that would be coaching him in his lesson.
He advanced up the stairs to get to the fourth floor and had to walk through the corridor with so many shut doors.

What if there was a hope or dream that died behind that door?

What if that happened to John?

No, he thought. That's not gonna happen. That's not what Freddie would want me to think.
"Don't do anything I'd hate," his voice swam through his mind. One of the things Freddie did hate about John was how much he doubted he would fail what he dreamed to do.

What's Freddie doing anyway?

John decided to call the apartment later to see if he was there. At the end of the hall was the room John needed to be in.

He knocked on the door quietly, not expecting anyone there.

"Come in."

John shyly stepped inside of the room to see a woman with short curly blonde hair and dark brown glasses wearing a cardigan over a crimson t-shirt and beige jeans.