Chilli

Like before, the two walked through the magic themed club, this time without Ian trailing after them. All kinds of questions spinning through Mandy's mind, yet - since she would luckily be visiting a real magic library soon, she went with questions books wouldn't tell her. Of course, she waited till they were on an empty street before asking.

"That girl we passed," she started. "Does she have something against you?"

"What girl?" August asked, confused.

"The one who went into Grisham's cabinet after us. Tall, blonde, electric blue eyes," Mandy said, surprised that August hadn't noticed?

August crossed his arms, frowning a bit. "I have no idea," he replied after thinking a while. "Electric blue eyes... and since she is meeting Grisham directly, my guess would be Janis Tulorine, platinum grade witch. I don't remember even talking with her, though."

Mandy felt relieved it wasn't another ex-girlfriend, but in that case, that dangerous look was... not good news?

"Maybe she has some beef on the Galord family," August guessed shrugging. "Half of the Galord family have gone down the paladin route, so that wouldn't be a wonder for a witch"

Mandy perked up. From the way August had talked about paladins, she had a hard time believing what he had just dropped. Was he bad mouthing his relatives?

August noticed her expression. "That. My dad comes from a pretty huge and ancient family, but he kind of got disowned when he married mom. We didn't have much contact with them till recently."

The previous conversation about Exorcists and Paladins having similarities resurfaced in Mandy's mind. So that wasn't August guessing at things, huh? Although, thinking on Janis - would someone recognize someone they haven't even met, it's not like surnames were tattooed on their forehead. Yet August had a twin. If you knew one, you could guess at the other.

"It's a shame he didn't change his surname, I know," August said.

August shot off the mark. Mandy made a wry smile at the small complaint towards his surname, she didn't share the sentiment. It was a perfectly good sounding surname, contained a 'lord' in it too. She certainly wouldn't complain if she had a surname like that.

"Not that it would have helped," August added, looking sideways.

"Why so?" Mandy asked. She had a feeling it had something to do with Sarah, but it was best to check.

"Ahaha, you'll see when we run into some people from the 'proper' part of the Galord family," August said with a rather dead look in his eyes.

Mandy felt like she shouldn't ask more. So it wasn't Sarah. Well, seeing how August said 'when we run into', it was almost a set deal that they would run into some sometime.

"Right, what was that tea?" Mandy asked, remembering that she could drink it.

"Something that grows in Lunarian gardens," August replied. "Look up Lunaris in the library tomorrow."

Tomorrow? Mandy's eyes widened, then a huge smile settled on Mandy's face. They would be going THAT soon? Great! Perfect!! 

"There's something I need to look up as well," August said before Mandy could offer a thank you. He seemed a bit embarrassed.

Mandy smiled. She was almost 90% sure it wasn't that. "What do you plan to look up?" She asked, doing her best to seem neutral.

"... Just some things," he replied, looking away, hinting that Mandy was right in her guess.

Mandy smiled more to herself. At times August could act really cute, getting embarrassed about doing favors to others. But a magic library - it could end most of her troubles!