Chapter 15

The Beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyday for us was hectic. We were always doing something. We became sleep deprived. Our grades became lower. Its like life is only getting harder.

School went by slow. Nothing special happened but nothing bad happened either. It just seemed.... Normal.

After school I was suppose to meet at our "cave" as we call it. Even though it wasn't Thursday which surprised me. We never have meetings like this.

I can't help but wonder what it could possibly be about. I feel like there is something special today but I just don't remember. Short term memory loss kills.

On my way to the cave I  got this feeling. It was a weird feeling. I didn't like it.

It made my hair stand up. I felt something's presence. But I don't know what it is.

This makes me even more anxious to arrive. When I get there I realize that I'm the last on there. This happens alot but I thought I was doing good.

Guess not.

Senpai began his speech, " There is great evil coming. It is close. I feel it. And I know you do too. I have trained you well. I am proud. Now is the ultimate test. When this evil comes, It will bite at you little by little. You will have series of challenges. Your goal is to protect civilians. I have prepared you physically, But you can only help yourself mentally. Because once you leave this place, Your greatest battle will begin."

We all nodded in unison. This is what must be done.

Although, I am almost sure he muttered final battle but that cant be. We won't die. That's insane.

I look around at my friends. They look different. I look in the mirror on the wall. I look different.

We seem more mature. Stronger. We came here week and heartbroken but left like heroes. Supers (that's what we call ourselves).

My attention is snapped back into reality when senpai asks to speak with me privately.

We walk into is part of the cave where he makes plans. I sit down in his Burgundy chair in front of his desk as he starts to speak.

Tabitha. You are strong. So are the others. But there's something that I must tell you and only you. First I will tell you about me. For I believe you ought to know. I am Cornelius. I was a fiction character out of a book. Inkheart. When a wizard read me straight out of the pages. But with me came magic. Evil magic. I met another wizard. My sensei. He gave me powers. And gave me knowledge. For he knew my destiny was to be with you. This is the Trogent Legacy. Also, I want you to know that your different. You will not use your phoenix unless it is an emergency. It is to dangerous. Instead you will lead. One day I will pass on and you will continue this legacy.

He stood up and bowed to me.

No

No

No!

I explained that I can't do this. I'm not the leader type. I don't want to let you guys down. You mustn't go. You have to live. You are senpai. We love you.

He didn't even respond. He touched my shoulder and vanished.

I walked out of the room and back to my friends. We talked about the future and what would happen. Well mostly them. I couldn't keep my mind off of senpai.

Later that day, When I was in my room. My closet started to glow. I walk toward it getting ready for anything. Instead of some goblin I see a symbol.

This must be the symbol Senpai was talking about during training. It should activate when I...

I put my hand on the symbol and it glows and then I hear a click. Suddenly the back of me closet wall is being slid across like that was its purpose all along.

Inside was another walk in closet. Only this is filled with much better stuff. One wall has weapons. The other has gadgets. One side has pills that keep our powers down during school and lastly our uniforms.

It finally arrived!! I've been waiting for this. It look exactly like those x-men suits only better. Ours are our favorite color with our super names on it. And our symbol is enlarged near the center of our suit. I love it.

The names we decided on are pretty cool.

Sam's name is Ikaros. Mar Mar is Eletrika. Kat is Lightening. Ari is aegis (pronounced ee-gis). Dani is Storm. Nyle is Nuke. And I am Phoenix.

After I leave my new second closet I close it by the symbol that's also inside. This can also be used as an escape root.

I immediately tell my friends about it and they have those too. Finally. This is the first time I have been happy all week.

It may sound lame but this is pretty cool to me. Not every teenager gets picked to live a life as a Super.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hi Lovelies!!

      Very sorry for the slow updates. School is just ugh.

Im trying to speed this book a little more. Once I get to 500 views I'm starting fan fictions and romances. Since that's what everyone likes.

Also follow me on ig: xxtherealbatgirlxx

Stay Happy cx

     ~xxTheRealBatgirlxx