Between the Lines 1

Unabara Mitzuki, or rather, Etzali, was fitted with a suit and tie whilst visiting a hospital in District 7.

He was visiting the brown-skinned girl who had been used by her cabal as fuel for an original grimoire. It seemed that some of the treatment had a slower effect than what was originally predicted. Thus, Tochtli was still in bed waiting her full recovery.

"Any word on how much longer your treatment will take?"

"No, and the whole heatwave thing did not help either. Do you know anything about that?"

Etzali was a former member of the organization named GROUP. Back when he was completely immersed in the dark side of Academy City, it would have been a definite for him to come across some sort of information regarding this incident. However, ever since the team disbanded he has tried his hardest to steer clear out of that business.

"Hey, don't worry about that. We should not get involved in anything that doesn't directly concern us. Honestly, I can't believe you've been keeping me here all this time. Can't you get better any faster?"

Sitting next to him was Xochitl, the brown-skinned girl who had absorbed an original grimoire seeking to gain its power. She managed to recover before disaster struck Academy City and had been spending time looking after Tochtli during her recovery process.

"Do you think I don't want to get better as fast as possible? I know we are running out of time. . ."

There was a moment of silence between them while the two girls looked at each other.

"Etzali, now that it's come to this we have to talk to you about something. Something that Tochtli overheard from the cabal before arriving at Academy City."

"We wanted to wait to tell you about it once we were both fit to move about and support, but now that there is no set date for when I will be cleared. . ."

"?"

"Not to worry. I am sure you will be plenty motivated once we tell you Misaka Mikoto is involved in their schemes."