Chapter 2 ~ welcome to canada

Hey guys it's me again, hope you like this chapter, cause I don't.  :/

Pic of Justin Luella's younger (15 year old) brother on the side, portrayed by Justin Bieber

Song of the chapter: Paper Tigers by Owl City, I feel like this song describes what Luella is feeling, and I absolutely love this song and Owl City! :D

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luella's POV

Butterflies churned in my stomach as I looked out the tiny airplane windows at the clouds beneath us.

"Geez Luella, calm down!"

I looked over at my best friend and forced a grin on my face. I was so happy that Cassia was able to come to college with me. It had been our plan from when we were 9 to go to university together, meet the guys of our dreams, and then have a joint wedding. The first part was indeed coming true, but we had yet to find our dream guys, yet plan a wedding. Guess its one step at a time.

The intercom came on and I heard the captain's cheerful voice. "well we'll be landing in Halifax shortly, so if all passengers would please return to their seats. the temperature is currently 14° Celsius and its looking to be a beautiful day. I hope you will enjoy your stay in Halifax, and thank you for choosing Air Canada."

I spotted Mateo quickly jogging back to his seat, apologizing profusely as he stepped over people's legs. I wonder what he was doing at the front of the plane? Scratch that. I don't want to know, most likely becoming the newest member of the Mile High Club.  

It was a relatively soft landing, and I waited impatiently until the seatbelt sign turned off, until slowly standing up and stretching my sore legs. I turned to Cassia who was yawning and stretching and then looking around. She seemed mildly amused, waiting patiently for the aisle to clear up so we could get off the plane. Me, on the other hand was itching to get off this thing and finally see land again.

_____________________________________ 

I peered out above the crowd. With my red carry-on in one hand, and my other suitcase with Mateo, I felt very vulnerable standing in a bustling airport in a foreign country. Cassia came up behind me, and gently tugged my beige sweater-clad arm.

"Come on", she smiled sweetly, "Canada is waiting."

I grinned at her and chuckled nervously, then hastily hurried out the airport doors, to my impatient older brother who had a taxi waiting. Justin had gone ahead back to Canada months ago, for some teen choice award thing. Mateo waved us over, and took my suitcase from me to put in the trunk. I gingerly stepped into the cab, followed by Cassia.

"I can't wait!" she shrieked. Ouch.

"I'm finally living out my dreams with my bestest friend in the whole wide world!!!" she hugged me excitedly.

When she saw that I wasn't nearly as overjoyed as she was, she frowned with her big brown eyes and then tugged my hair. "Aren't you happy too?"

I looked over at her, and forced a grin. "Of course I am!", I protested a little too forcibly.

Mateo slipped into the front seat of the cab and then gave the driver directions to Dalhousie University. I fiddled with my necklace, running the heart shaped pendant over my hand. This was my first time out of the country for a long period of time, it was quite unsettling. Mateo seemed to sense that I was nervous.  He turned around and smiled confidently at me.  

"Don't worry sis, it'll all be fine. University's a lot more fun than you think."

Little did he know that the university part wasn't what I was afraid of, I did quite well in school, I always have.  I was more worried about what came with being in university.  I've always heard that american universities were just a notch more wild that the ones we had back home.  However much I was a party animal, I followed the rules. I didn't drink, do drugs, or flash.  I still had fun though, just while sober.  However, I had a feeling that my little stay in Canada would change me. For the better or for the worse, I was not quite sure about yet. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys for the lack of excitement. It'll start really soon I promise.  Thanks for reading though!!

Please vote and comment!!!

xx,

Lux ;)

"Playboy, millionaire philanthropist."