2 | princess

Katara

Katara

"It's finally today." I whispered, tying up my hair like I always do. A knock was heard from the door and I was quick to open it. "You ready?" It was Suki. I nodded in reply, giving her a wobbly smile as we both made our way down the hallway. "Cheer up Princess, I heard they're serving your favorite food today." She cheered, grinning at me widely.

Sadly enough, no food is going to kick down the constant churn in my stomach.

We settled down on our respective places around the table and took in the multiple varieties of food lay down on the table in a fancy way. Nothing seemed to be so appetizing in my point of view. All these scents were clouding my thoughts and overwhelming me to the point that I lost my will to eat.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." I squeaked out before running out of the dining room and into the nearest bathroom. "Katara, are you alright?" I heard Gran-Gran ask from behind me. "I don't feel so well." I replied weakly, turning around to face her.

"You should rest for awhile. You can meet the men later when you're feeling all better. I'll explain to your father." She spoke softly, patting my shoulder lightly. "You go back to your room now and take some rest." I nodded in reply, taking slow steps back to my room. It was a long and tiring journey, in all honesty.

I couldn't stop myself from heaving a deep sigh when I reached the door, slamming the it open and falling down to the fluffy mattress. I was suddenly hit by an overwhelming wave of fatigue as I let myself fall in and out of consciousness until I let it sleep take over me.

🌸

"Wait Momo! Don't go near--" My eyes flashed open upon hearing the foreign voice. I bolted upright, frantically looking around my room, that is until I realized.

"Wait, this isn't my room." I squeaked as I let shards of ice float beside me. "Hi." I screamed as I turned around, squeezing my eyes shut as I let the ice around me shoot right to him. "Woah, calm down!" He shouted as a strong gust of wind traveled around the room. I slowly peeked my eyes open and took a long look at the boy.

An air nomad?

"Calm down." He repeated, placing both of his arms out as he spoke slowly. "I-i'm calm." I replied, stepping a few reasonable steps away from him. I cleared my throat but almost screamed when I saw a monkey flying to his shoulder, making me jump further away from him. "This is just Momo, no need to be alarmed." He assured, patting the white creature on the head.

"What are you doing here?" I spoke out, silently praising myself for not stuttering. "What do you mean? This is my room...right?" He replied, scratching his head. We both looked at each other with confusion until I shook my head. "Who are you?" I questioned, not forgetting to send him a pointed look.