Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Please say something." I heard Helena's uncertain voice. I look at her, shocked.

"Are you insane? How could I pretend to be you? Are you out of your mind?" I told her hysterically.

"Listen to me first, we have the same face. They will never know that it's you, they will look at you the way they look at me."

I shake my head in disbelief. How can she say such things? What if her parents will notice? Or what if her friends will suspect me that I am not Helena?

"Our eyes are different," I said, she smiled at me.

"You can use a contact lens. We can do a makeover on you to fully look like me. Can't you see? We're twins!" she said cheerfully.

Again, I shook my head fiercely. I do not want to believe that I was adopted since the reality hurts. I did not want to know whether she was my twin sister since it hurt so much knowing that my mother never told me I had a sibling.

And why the heck was she not with us?

Well, I cannot ask my mom because I do not want to put pressure on her to answer all of my questions. Perhaps she had a reason for not telling me about my twin sister. The most important thing I can do is patiently wait for when she will open up to me. I will do my best to figure out her feelings.

I know Helena saw the reluctance on my face because she forced a smile and dropped her gaze to the table.

"It's okay if you don't want to help me, she mumbled sadly and played with her fingers. She looks so vulnerable right now. I don't know what's her life story or what she's been through but I wanted to help her.

"Please don't misunderstand me, Helena, I wanted to help you but I don't understand why you want me to pretend to be you," I said confused. She looks at me as if she's ready to cry.

"I just want to be free Savannah; I want to spend more time with Logan."

I felt pity for her but was disturbed at the same time. Did her parents don't like her boyfriend? Are they not official and still secretly dating? But she's at the right age now. She can decide or do whatever she wants.

Well, except if her parents are so strict and demanding of whatever decision she makes. That's the problem with being rich, you have all the money but you're not happy. I sighed and held her hands.

"I want to help you but I can't always pretend to be you, Helena." I sympathized with her. Her eyes brightened and smiled at me. She also held my hands.

"Does it mean you agree?"

I nodded.

"Oh my! Thank you so much, Savannah!" she exclaimed happily, then stood up and approached me. She gave me a warm hug. I reciprocated her hug. I don't know why I feel happy for her.

"I promise you I will help your mom and other expenses so that you won't get worried when you're still pretending." I can see the excitement on her face.

"Is that necessary? You don't have to-"

"No, Savannah. I told you; I insist. And you will be pretending to be me in just three months."

My jaw dropped on the floor after hearing what she said. Three months? I can't...

"Three months? Oh, Helena, I think I can't pretend that longer," I said worriedly.

"Fine. Two months, please just say yes." She looks so hopeful at her request.

Two months is still long. I think about it but I can't decide either. But if I said yes, she would help my mom. I bit my lower lip and said, "When will I start?"