11.2 - Leisure - Athens

Ivy's POV

It's the week before Niall's birthday and I wanted to do something special. Julia left for tour and Shawn isn't back yet. He's about to release a new single soon next Thursday on the 12th. He's been busy a lot between photo shoots and all kinds of stuff. But now everything is ready and all we have to do is wait for Thursday to come. After the release, there's going to be promos and interviews and going all over the world. So I thought, for his birthday, we could get away and relax before it all becomes too much and we barely see each other. But I have to check with his job to see if it's okay first. But I want to surprise him. I text Julia for advice.

'Hey, Jules! Are you How's everything? Did you arrive well?'

'Hey, Ivy! Yeah, got here yesterday! It's still early here but I'm so jet lagged! But I'm so excited for today's show! What about you? Is floof okay? You're not fighting, are you? Are you doing anything for his birthday this year? Feels like he's ignoring it completely and just focusing on his new single.'

'Yeah, he's okay. No, we're not fighting. And he is focusing on his single, I mean I get it, this song 'Secret' is special and he's anxious about how they're going to receive it. And about his birthday plans. That's what I was texting you about.'

'Okay tell me.'

'Well, of course, there's the party, but that's just both the release party and his birthday. But I feel like it's not enough. I thought since he's done everything there is to do before Thursday and he's very anxious. We could go on a quick weekend holiday. Just to relax and a change of scenery. But I wanted to check with his work to see if that's possible without Niall knowing.'

'I'll check and I'll get back to you!'

'Thank you, Jules! Good luck with your show tonight! You're gonna be amazing! Love ya!'

'Awwww! Thank you so much! Love ya too!!'

After a few minutes, she texted me saying that he's free till Tuesday. So since we're Wednesday and I know we didn't have anything planned so far. That gives me a 5 days weekend! Minus a day for flying out, and a day for flying back in. So three days to relax. Perfect. Looks like I'm getting my trip to Athens after all. But what if Niall gets mad. What if he doesn't want to travel so close to the release? Maybe I should talk to him first. Why does everything have to be a surprise?

I get back home from work to find him sitting in the sitting room watching TV or more like looking at it while thinking about something else. I quickly change into my pyjamas and join him, burying myself into his arms. I place a light peck on his neck, cheek and lip before I ask him.

'Are you okay baby? You seem distracted.'

'It's nothing, Princess. Don't worry.'

'You're thinking about the song aren't you? Baby, you know they're gonna love it. The lyrics are amazing, the melody is a masterpiece. You don't have to worry that much.'

'I just know they're gonna ask me who's this song about. I don't feel like lying. But I don't owe them that information. It's about the song not about me and who I'm with.'

'Niall, they always ask you that, and you always find a way to avoid it. if it makes you feel better, you can tell them it's just a story it's not taken from personal experience.'

'I don't want to do that to you. Discredit you.'

'Discredit me? What? Niall. I know what is and isn't. Just say what you need to say. Don't worry about me. I'm okay.' I reassure him.

'Thank you! You're the best!'

'Only thanks to you!' I say, then kiss him deeply.

He let go, looks at me suspiciously, 'You want something...'