7.0

•••

•••

"Look, why won't you just leave this alone." Lucas grumbled, flipping his textbooks page harshly.

On a rainy Tuesday night, Lucas sat at the desk of Zays bedroom chair. They were supposed to be studying and doing homework, but the inquiring young boy, Zay, thought it was crucial to speak of Josh and Maya. It this point, it wasn't humorous anymore. Lucas did, in fact, have a life outside of his insubstantial love-life.

"I won't leave this alone because you like Maya," Zay argued, focusing all his attention on Lucas and sincerity lacing his tone. "... I know that you like her. You don't have to lie about it anymore."

"Okay... so what if I do?" He shrugged his shoulders, answering a question on his biology paper. "It's never going to happen because Josh Matthews exists."

"Oh please, like him and Maya are going to last long."

"Even if they don't, her feelings won't reciprocate towards me."

"...Lucas, you're one of the most confident person I know. Texas you would have gone after what you wanted."

Zay shook his head in disbelief, folding his arms over one another. When Lucas insisted on changing Zay expected him to become less indignant, not completely lose all of his fight.

"In fact, you would've kicked this guys ass already. I can't believe you're not going after what you want because some limp dick college guy swooped up your girl."

"There's plenty of fish in the sea." Lucas said, mainly to himself. Although it came out strong, he knew it was just to assure himself.

"If that's the case.." Zay whispered, "Why do you only have eyes for Maya?"

•••

"Maya Hart," Lucas Friar singsonged on the edge of her window.

He had snuck through her bedroom on a cold night, where she sat spiraled out on her floor in scraps of pictures she'd failed to draw. He could tell she was worn out from the stress that the art program put on her.

"You okay?" He asked. She gave a slight smile when she had seen him and patted next to her for him to sit down.

"Is my best friend back?" She giggled, resting her head on his shoulder. He reached over and placed his hand on her lower back, mentally groaning at the mention of "best friend" because Lucas didn't just want to be her "best friend".

"...Best Friend?" Lucas muttered, enough for her to hear.

It wasn't long before she comprehended what he said and quickly put a frown on her face. "Yes of course. Riley first, but of course you're still my best friend."

"But... What if.." He stuttered, almost instantly regretting the words fumbling out his mouth. Tonight, he had gained to courage to tell Maya exactly how he felt. Thanks to Zay, Lucas was pretty confident coming here and doing so. However, as soon as Lucas stepped foot into Maya's room, he was shitting bricks. His hands were trembling from the possibility that it might change everything between them. "...Nevermind."

"Lucas," She sat up from his shoulder, forcing herself to look at him. "What the hell are you saying?"

"It's nothing."

"Tell me."

"No really, it's nothing."

"Then tell me if it's nothing. You know I'm not going to stop if you don't tell me."

"...Maya," He hesitated for a bit, breaking the gaze. For a moment, he stared down at his lap. Then a 'fuck it' ran through his mind.

"I like you." Lucas looked back at her. "Hell, I'm in love with you."

"Lucas, you're,.."

"I'm deluding myself?" He chuckled, dryly. "Hell, I wish."

Almost instantly Maya stood up, trying to put as much space between them as possible. Lucas almost hurt, decided to keep quiet.

"Look, you know I'm with Josh."

"...I do."

For a moment, there was a long pause of unpleasant silence. Neither daring to say anything to one another.

"For how long?"

Lucas shrugged, trying to pinpoint the exact moment he fell for her. But he couldn't, he couldn't remember a time where he wasn't in love with her.

"I don't know, I can't think of a time where I didn't have feelings for you."

"I don't think you're telling the truth, Lucas. You're not in love with me."

"Since when did you decide my feelings for me?" He questioned, mocking her words from weeks ago.

the short blonde rolled her eyes at his snarky response. this wasn't fair. how is it going to be possible to continue a relationship with Josh without hurting Lucas?

"This isn't fair."

"How so?"

"Because! What about me, Lucas? What about how I feel?"

"This is about you!" He stood up, taking steps towards her. "It's all about you!"

"No! This is about you and you're fabricated feelings." Maya yelled, "you're trying to throw me off guard!"

"Is that what you think I'm trying to do?" Lucas yelled back, matching her irritated mien. "I've been you're emotional pillow for years now! I've supported you through everything, and you think I'm trying to sabotage you?"

Maya bit her lip, giving him a pointed look.

"You know what, Maya? You're so unbelievably selfish." Lucas groaned. "I can't believe you."

  •••

So i'm going that leave that right there 😳 .

I bet you're  like: 😔

I decided to update and have Lucas tell Maya his feelings 😮

See ya next chapter ily !

I got the gif from:
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/0f11fd7bec122a020c4d428bb4ceeb43/tumblr_ob9bcyJHOK1vxy5woo1_400.gif