1.0

"i want maya
to be happy!"

one year. one fucking year lucas has put up with maya and her no good boyfriend. every time she'd cancel plans to go do who-knows-what with josh, every time he'd see her hands clutched in his, and every damn time he'd seen their lips connect passionately in a kiss left lucas enraged.

partly, it was his fault for not taking precautions and making moves on her when he had the chance to. and because of it, he's beat himself up for an entire year.

presently, the gang and josh, sat peacefully at topangas. their homework partially occupying them.

meanwhile everyone is carelessly doing their homework, lucas sits there highly annoyed, moderately because of joshs presence. why the hell did josh have to tag along? maya wasn't some puppy that needed to be watched anytime she was out.

to make matters worse, he's smirking ear-to-ear feeling up the curves of maya's waist. and once he saw their lips connect, lucas decided he had seen enough and abruptly gathered his things and left.

the boy couldn't help but feel pity for himself, stupidly in love with a girl who likely had no interest in him whatsoever. but he couldn't help the stupid affections he had for her.

"you okay dude?" a familiar voice called from behind him.

lucas turned face to fact with zay, a slight sigh freed from his chest, "yeah dude, everything's dandy. now go back to our friends."

"i've known you for years. i know you're not okay."

"don't worry too much about it," lucas tried to assure the curious boy. "i'll be okay."

"do you like maya?" zay asked, cautiously searching lucas' face for a response.

"no." lucas nervously laughed. "why would you think that?"

"it's just, every time maya is out with us and her boyfriend tags along, you tend to get seriously tense." saying it as if he was putting puzzle pieces together. "y-you l-ike her!!" he screamed, jumping up and down childishly.

"oh shut up!" lucas groaned. "i do not."

"do too."

"do not!"

"do too!"

"do not!"

"do too!"

"oh come on, why would i like her? she teases me all the time, harasses me anytime in class, and she stole half of my sweatshirts which i'm a thousand percent sure she still wears!"

"oh! you like-like her!"

-

ok ok

that's the end of this chapter hope you liked it because i didn't and i suck a writing why do i even still do this?

anyways ily bye. 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽