Chapter 20 - The Deceleration of War

You watched him as he wrote, fascinated by him. You smiled. 

"My king?" You asked. 

"Sombra." He said, not looking at you. You didn't speak for a bit, shocked. Was he saying you could call him that. 

"Um..What do you have written so far." You asked. He set the quill down and slid the scroll to you. 

Dear all of Equestria. 

Soon you will have a new ruler, King Sombra!

You stopped reading and looked at him. He had written half the scroll with how they shroud just give up. 

"No." you said. He looked pissed. 

"You dare question your king." He said angrily. 

"No, of course not my king..." "Sombra." He said interrupting you.

"Um, but this is...well your going at it all wrong." you said. He straightened up a bit. 

"How so?" He asked. You smiled and took a new scroll.

"Just wait OK." you said, taking the quill and started to write. 

Dear  Equestria,

I, King Sombra, wish to let you all know that I have called war upon the land. Dividing the land was a mistake and I will right that mistake. I do not wish to fight, but I will do so if it calls for that but understand this:

Any pony that stands in my way will meet there untimely death.

King Sombra.

You dropped the quill and pushed the scroll to Sombra. He read it over. 

"No. I do not care if all of Equestria dies." He said. you let out a small laugh.

"My king..." "Sombra." He said interrupting you again. You sighed.

"My King Sombra, as I was..." No. Just Sombra." He said. You be came quiet.

"Just call me Sombra. No king." He said. You blushed a bit. 

"Um..OK...Sombra. Like I was saying. You send that to the Princess's letting them think you will send this out across the land, letting there guard down. Once they do, you attack." You said. 

"No. We attack. I can't do this alone pet." He said, standing up. You smiled. 

"Follow me." He said and walked out the door, you close by him. You saw he lead you to a balcony the looked out across the crystal empire. You saw them walking in chains, doing what ever it is that Sombra ordered.

"Ponies of the Crystal Empire!" Sombra said but you saw his horn glowing and knew he used a voice amplifier. You saw the ponies quiver in fear. 

"We will be going to war on Equestria. You are all now in my army. I will give further details shortly but for now, I want you to meet your general, (y/n)!" He shouted. Your mouth dropped open. 

"What!" you screamed. He looked at you.

"Who else would I pick?" He asked. You smiled at him.

"Sombra, I don't know what to say." You said. He smiled at you. 

"You can get back at everyone that has hurt you." He said and frowned a bit. 

"Even me." He said. You frowned and looked at him. 

"Sombra, you never laughed." You said. He looked at you in the eye. 

"But I hurt you, badly. Maybe it was a mistake to make you general." He said, about to turn but you stopped him. 

"Sombra." You said and he looked at you but you lowered your head, bowing to him. 

"My king, please allow me to serve you." You said. You started to become nervous that he wasn't saying anything but the felt his hoof under your chin, you looked and saw him looked at you. 

"(y/n)..." He said once you were standing again and kissed you.