Chapter 29

Kenzie's POV

He hasn't changed much since that night, he's definitely hit the gym more.

Cole smiles. "Well... Looks like you haven't changed much." He says looking me up and down. "You're definitely hotter th-"

"Shut up." Jack growls.

"Cool it there quarterback." Cole snaps. "You need to come with me MacKenzie."

"What the fuck? Hell no!" Jack shouts.

I turn so that I can whisper in his ear. "Babe. Please, let me handle it."

He sighs and puts his head down on my shoulder. I turn back to Cole. "You really do deserve your last name you know."

Cole takes a step towards me when the door bursts open. "Kenzie-" Alexis starts. "You motherfucker." She lunges at Cole, who easily picks her up and throws her in the chair.

"Well if it isn't the other bitch. Perfect." He remarks.

"And her very angry boyfriend, so I suggest you get out of here before I beat your ass into a pulp." Chad growls threateningly.

Cole may be muscular, but he has nothing on Chad. For a moment Cole's eyes are filled with fear but they turn again.

"We're not finished here, MacKenzie." He sneers at me.

"Fuck you." I snap back before he walks out of the room.

He pops back in. "All in good time sweetheart." Then he's gone.

There's an eerie silence before Alexis lets out a sigh. "We just let him go.."

I look up at her before sighing as well. "Did you want to make a scene in a hospital?"

"You know what... I'm not arguing with you. What happened?" She hops off the subject.

I explain what happened and she laughs. "You jumpy klutz." She accuses.

I shrug and lean back against Jack's chest. "Runs in the family." He gently massages my shoulders and kisses the back of my head.

"It's funny how fast you guys fell in love." Chad remarks.

"Don't say it." Jack groans.

"You. Are. Whipped." He says with a smirk.

I come to my boyfriend's rescue. "And you aren't? I know you said a certain "L" word to Lexy." I say smugly.

Chad blushes and Jack laughs, making me laugh, while Alexis stares at us.

"You are idiots and Kenzie... I expected more of you." She says shaking her head.

Suddenly, the door opened. I look up into eyes that look like Cole's and I start to clench my teeth, but I stop once I find out it's my doctor.

"Well if it isn't Ms. Kenzie Turner." Dr. Dickson seethed, smiling sweetly at me. Fake.

"Hello Doc." I say back, going for the kind approach.

Looking down at her chart, she reports "Looks like you need a cast for your ankle, brace on your wrist, pain medication for your headache... And some nausea pills."

"Excuse me? I've been having no nausea."

She looks around the room, mainly at Alexis and Chad. "Leave. Now."

"Hell no." Alexis swears.

"Very well." She turns back to me and is silent for a moment. "You're pregnant, have a nice day." She turns on her heel and walks out of the room. Before the door closes I hear her mutter, "Bitch."

I stop breathing.

My body tenses.

My head starts pounding again.

I black out.