Chapter One~ The Idea

Tess Hudson loved horses. With all her heart, she loved horses.

Tess's life was simple. Or it was, anyway. Lived in a forest in a calm neighborhood on a dirt road with a loving family, with two mares, one by the name of Silver, and the other by the name of Jessy. Her dad had a job, and her and her younger brother were homeschooled by their mom.

But it all changed when the moved from their home in Wisconsin, to Pennsylvania. They had to sell their horses, because their new house was on the outskirts of town. There was not enough room for the horses. It crushes Tess's heart to not beable to have horses in her life.

That wasn't the only change. Tess and her brother Travis were going to a public school.

So.. Conclusion, Tess did not want this.

She wanted her old life back. The one where she could take early morning rides on her beautiful mares, and watch the forest pass by, and be able to come back and have her mom homeschool her.

" Tess," her mother knocked on her door, snapping Tess from her snake of thoughts.

" what." Tess growled unhappily. Sitting up on her empty twin sized bed.

" You need to start unpacking." Tess's mom gestured to all the boxes in her new room, which was a light purple color. Tess hated it. Tess was not the kind of little willing pristine mommies girl. She was the kind of girl who worked hard for what she wanted and had fun with things. She also was a devoted horse lover, rider, etc.

Tess shrugged.

" Tess, you need to stop being all mad. Besides, dad and I both got new jobs. You and Travis can go to public schools now!" She stepped hastily into my room. Tess's mom had sleek long brown hair, just like Tess herself. Her blue eyes were a shad lighter then Tess's. She also shared a same body shape with Tess... Tall and skinny. But not too skinny.

" but I don't want to go to a public school!" Tess was now sitting fully upright, legs dangling off her bed, eyes wide, hands clenched in frustrated fists. Why couldn't her mom just understand??

" where else do you want to go? What else do you want to do? This is your life now, Tess. Deal with it. You have no other choice." Her moms voice was firm now.

" I want to go back to Wisconsin!! I want horses!!!! I don't want this mom, you have to listen!" Tess stood up, partially yelling.

" either you find another way and if you do, I'll let you do it. or come to reality and deal. With. It." Her mom turned on her heel and strode out.

---

Tess ripped open one of the boxes. It contained some of her clothing. She secretly left some of her clothing back I'm Wisconsin, so she could try to get some clothes that weren't from 7th grade. If she was starting 8th grade in a new state, she wanted a new wardrobe. She pulled out her clothes, and suddenly realizing it was her riding breeches and polo shirts from the local horse show in June. June seemed so long ago, probably because it was now Augest 21st, and she was living in a new house in Pennsylvania. Tess stared at her riding clothes. " when will I ever use these again," Tess snorted and threw them to the side. She gripped her hair and stared at her toenails. They were painted pink and blue, and the nail Polish was starting to chip off. Oh we'll.

Tess sat there, thoughts clouding her mind again. She thought about her mothers words. Her mother and her father were getting new jobs.... So...

It felt like Tess's mind exploded. How had she not thought of this sooner???

Tess scrambled for the box that read- electronics.

She ripped open the tape, her hands shaking in excitement.

She felt like she was flying, because her heart was racing so fast. She felt a smile widen on her face.

She scrambled through the box and found her white MacBook Pro. She opened it up and pressed the on button. She tapped her fingers together, unable to contain her excitement.

When it finally turned on, she swept her eyes over the backround on her laptop of her and Silver and Jessy. She tapped on Google Chrome and quickly typed in Horse Haven Riding Accadamy.. And the search results were exactly what Tess was hoping for.

----

Hope u like the first chapter... It's a cliffhanger. I'll go back and edit it later on but for now, this is it! Comment and vote plz, and keep reading!! 💜

- Mariah*