Chapter Eight~ Levels

Tess was up until 10:45, getting to know her roomies better.

Katie loved volleyball, riding, and boys. And, gossip. And fashion.

She was spoiled.

Tracey loved riding, boy bands, and fine arts.

Kelly loved singing, acting, and riding.

Pat liked reading, riding, and singing also.

" I'm excieted for leveling." Katie said as she applied a coat of Silver nail polish. " Me and Linger will probably make intermediate or advanced. We have been a pair since well, fourth grade!" Katie was kind of stuck up, which bothered Tess, and Tess could tell it bothered Kelly too.

Katie's phone also dinged nonstop. " So Tess, what's your story?" She asked as she typed on her iPhone.

" What do you mean?" Tess stopped picking at her nail, and look around the room. Everyone was staring at her.

" Well, how did you get accepted in, what's your home like, and stuff?" Katie set down her phone, only to have it ding again three seconds later.

" Well, I moved from Wisconsin to my home here, like an hour and a half away. Umm.. I kind of lost focus during tryouts, but they checked my records and let me in on that." Tess shrugged. She hoped she didn't sound arrogant.

" Oh." Tess looked up to Katie's voice, she was staring at Tess with wide eyes.

" We should be going to bed." Pat said, throwing her hair into a bun uptop her head, and we all snuggled under our colors. The light was flickered off, and I fell into a good nights rest.

---

Tess woke up to an alarm clock.

She grabbed for her phone, and turned it on. It was only 7:30.

Tess groaned. She was so used to sleeping in.

" Dude, I am late! I'm so late!" Kelly was up, racing into the bathroom with supplies she had not yet unpacked. She was wide awake, and zooming around the room, blonde hair streaming behind her.

" What time are you starting?" Tess asked groggily.

" 10:20!! I'm freakin out!" She pulled clothes from her closet and rushed into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. Tess could hear the shower start, and that's when She stretched under her zebra print comfator which totally clashed with Tracey's orange bed sheets.

Tess stood up out of her bed, and almost tripped on her luggage she still had to unpack.

Her and her roommates made plans to eat lunch together in the cafeteria and make decorating plans.

Tess turned on her laptop.

When it was on, Tess checked her email, tumblr, and Pinterest. She also checked Facebook.

By that time, Kelly was out and dressed in her riding clothes- Black breeches and a plain grey t- shirt. Her hair was dripping wet.

" Viper better be a good boy today." Kelly said as she fumbled around in her nightstand, finally pulling out a silver charm bracelet.

" Woah! That's so beautiful!" I exclaim.

Pat sits up, blinking sleep from her eyes.

" Thanks. It's from my grandma." She holds it up so I have a better view, and it gleams silver in the light, the horse charms reflecting on her bed. It was beautiful.

I nod and start to unpack the rest of my clothes into my closet.

Ten minutes later, Tess stepped back and put her hands on her hips, admiring her color coordinated closet.