Chapter Four~ Preperation

" Get up!!" I woke up to Travis's face hovering over mine. Travis had that mischievous look in his eyes. For a fifth grader, Travis was somewhat mature. I mean, he wasn't to much of a pest, but on occasions like this, I felt like it couldn't get worse.

" Get away!" I rumbled, turning on my side.

" Tess, today's tryout day!" Travis reminded me.

I blinked my eyes open, and sat up. I shoved Travis away, and he galloped out of the room.

I grabbed my phone and checked my Vine, Snapchat, twitter, and Instagram. I also posted a picture of Horse Havens logo on Instagram.

I set my phone down beside me, and then it really hit me.

TODAY WAS TRYOUTS DAY!!

I sprang out if bed and yearly tripped on a suitcase I still Hadn't put away in my bedroom. I opened my closet and put on a pair of fawn colored breeches, and a cheap plain blue shirt from Walmart. I pulled on socks, and pulled on my talk black riding boots. It felt good to have my feet back in riding boots.

I grabbed my helmet from a shelf and then quickly selected a grey and pink striped off- the- shoulder shirt and a pair of skinny jeans and some flats. Tess shoved them in a bag along with her toiletries and accessories.

Tess slide her Mac into its slide sheath and put it in the bag as well. Since they were staying overnight, why not pack your electronics, there is probably internet at the hotel.

Tess set the bag on her bed and walked out, to see her mom brushing her teeth as she put the dishes into the dishwasher. She had on her robe yet, probably because she had just taken a shower.

" Ready for your big day, Tess?" Her mom asked.

" So ready."

---

The whole way to Horse Haven, Tess was bored out of her mind. She went on her laptop, went on her phone, and even read a book. She just could not contain her excitement. Her excitement was certiantly rubbing off on her family, also.

Her dad was tapping his hands on the steering wheel, her mom typing faster than usual on her laptop, and her brother shifting in his spot every two minutes.

But when, they finally arrived, the whole SUV exploded with cheering.

" This place is AWESOME!" Tess breathed, her voice fogging up the window.

There was cement drive- thru with brick size emplating in it all around, and somewhere little flowers in circular areas surrounded with Cement bricks along the bottom. There was red wood shavings in by the flowers.

That wasn't all. The drivethru wasn't the only elegant thing.

The school building was very antique looking, with brick walls and copper engraving. A stairway led up to the main doors.

One path led on the right side of the school, leading to an arena, with bleachers on all sides.

The path on the left led to a huge library.

Everything else included- a cafe, the office, and most of all, the dorm buildings. There was ten buildings, each building holding 15 kids. Tess recalled that each dorm building seated 5 to a room, but there was also a dorm supervisors room, and a lobby.

There was a huge forest beyond the stable that sat furthest from the Schoolyard, and there was huge pastures.

Tess's eyes could only spot so much of the courtyard before she realized the vehicle had came to a halt in a parking lot that was shaded by a huge oak tree.

" Alrighty." Tess's dad opened his door, the rest of the family following out their doors.

The courtyard was pretty empty, just a couple adults doing their duties.

Tess and her family walked around the school to the arena.

Tess was literally shaking, she was so nervous. What if she didn't make it? What would she do then?

But when she caught sight of the grey horse, maybe 14 hands tall, tied up to a railing on the arena being groomed, all the worry washed away. She knew horses.

" Hi!" The person said, setting the brush on the railing and walking over. " Im Alvin, im a stable hand."

He shook our hands.

" Nice to meet you." Tess's dad said.

" Mr. Hathaway should be here any minute now," Alvin said, " Oh, and here he comes now."

---

Tess mounted the horse, which name was Hoofbeat.

" We will give you five minutes to warm up, while I go over some things with your parents." Mr Hathaway informed her.

" Ok"

I trot Hoofbeat in serpentines and figure- eights. I learn that he has a smooth trot, and a choppy canter.

What seems like three seconds later, Mr. Hathaway is back in the arena.

" Ready?" He asks me.

" Yes." I say as clear as I can.

------

Heyyyy!!! Please read this!!! I update really frequently, and please comment!

I will stop writing this unless people read this.

- Mariah