Chapter Seven~ Roomies and Rules

Tess nearly ran to her dorm building, Dorm building C.

She luckily found a cardboard box for all her supplies in the stable., and put all her stuff in it and put it outside her Horse, Iggys', stall.

Iggy was all Bay with a white face and white stockings, and was very tall, Maybe 16.5 hands tall. She was a thoroughbred/ Hanoverian mix. She was a mare, a beautiful one at that.

The Dorm building was air conditioned, thankfully.

Tess walked down the hall and found- Dorm number 39.

Tess opened the half- closed door, to find her parents and Travis talking to her roommates' parents.

Then, she saw her roommates, one pale and blonde, with big brown eyes, sitting on the bed closest to the door, another roommate, almost identical to Tess herself except with bluer eyes, had the bed on the wall where there was a hall to the first bathroom. There were two bathrooms in every dorm, which wasn't terrible for having five roommates.

The other two girls were auburn haired, one with hazel eyes, and the other with blue eyes. One Auburn haired had lots of dark makeup on, but she didn't look gothic or anything. Besides, she wore a green v- neck t- shirt and some capris and boots.

Tess got last pick on beds, well, basically no pick.

She got the other one closest to the second Bathroom.

There was a nightstand, a closet and a desk for each girl, and a beige cough in the corner with a small coffee table. The walls were plain brown with two big windows overlooking the drivethru.

Suddenly, a tall lady, maybe 27, came in. She had red hair and green eyes.

" Hi, I'm Olivia, this dorm building supervisor. I would like to start you off by letting you introduce yourselves if you haven't already." Olivia spoke loud and clear. She pointed at Tess to start.

" I'm Tess Hudson."

" I'm Kelly Ecline." The blonde says, her voice sweet like honey. She is probably a good singer.

" I'm Katie Patson!" The one who looks like me says.

" Tracey Wrighte." The auburn with hazel eyes and lots of makeup says.

" Patricia Wegner, Pat for short." The other auburn says.

" Ok! Awesome! I'd like to remind you about the group meeting in the auditorium of school in twenty minutes." Olivia tells us.

" Ok." Katie says brightly.

" You girls have a good one!" Olivia scurries out.

" Wow, she seems very busy." Kelly whispers to Tess as they grabbed their luggage from their parents who are chatting.

" Tell me about it." Tess giggles.

" What's your horses name?" Kelly asks me after tucking blonde hair behind her ear.

" Iggy." Tess says, " It's a name that gonna take some getting used to without bursting out singing Problem or Work or something." Tess said as she unzipped a duffel bag bursting with belongings.

" Ya, I got one less, one less problem." Kelly sings, voice smooth and clear and at a perfect rythem.

We both burst out laughing.

" Well my horses name is Viper, which is close to Anaconda." Kelly says. Her eyes open wide, and she mouths the lyrics to Anaconda, and we both laugh again.

" You should join the drama or singing program." Tess tell her as She took her laptop and put it on her desk.

" Already ahead of ya." Kelly chuckles, " Riding, Singing, and acting are basically my life." She gestures to all of her.

" That's so cool." Tess threw Kelly a quick smile before snatching some hangers from my closet.

I can tell we are gonna become good friends, are Tess's thoughts.

---

Kelly and her family sit next to Tess's family, with Kelly and Tess sitting right next to each other.

Soon enough, the whole place quieted down, and Tess realized because the headmistress, Headmistress Malone, had walked in.

" Hello, everybody." She said into the microphone. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a tight sock bun, and she wore a grey blouse with a small jacket and a black pencil skirt. She held a stapled packet of paper together. She had crinkles next to her eyes, indicating probably the age of late 40's.

" I'd like to welcome you to Horse Haven Riding Academy!" She says.

Everyone applauded.

" First of all, the rules. Starting off with dorm rules. One- In bed by 11:00. Two- No changing heating or cooling systems, you can bring the problem to your dorm monitor, and they will figure out a plan. Not everything is free." Then she went over the basics, no sharing dorms, sign in/ out must happen every time you go out or come back to the dorm building, all that fun stuff.

" School rules- School starts at 8:45, beacause there is a half hour riding lesson in the morning. There will be a 40 minutes worth studying each night at minimum. Unfortunately, all homework must be completed before participating in any curricular activities, such as volleyball or tennis. Even riding." The list went on.

" Stable rules- No food or drink in the stable unless horse feed or treats. All tack must be on the proper hook, and your horses stalls must be mucked out once a week," Head Malone said.

" Other- All tryouts are tomorrow starting at 9:00 AM, the riding tryout lineup in the packet that your dorm monitor will hand out before your parents leave," Tess's heart skipped a beat at the thought of being left alone, " And the schedule of main events and sign up sheets are also in that packet."

" Alright, that concludes it, and if you have any questions, feel free to call me or meet me in my office. Thank you."

---

" Bye Mom." Tess cuddled into her mothers arms. They were in her dorm where her other roommates were saying there goodbyes also.

" Bye Hun." Tess's mom was sniffling.

" Mom, stop." Tess hissed when Katie started giggling.

" Bye dad." Tess literally jumped into her fathers outstretched arms.

" Have fun Tess." He assured her, " it will be great."

Lastly, Tess sat on Travis's lap. Travis was sitting on Tess's bed.

" Oof, get off me your heavy, and squishing me!" Travis squealed.

Tess jumped up, laughing.

" Bye honey. Keep in touch." Her dad said one final farewell before all the families exited, leaving the girls in the room to themselves for the first time.

----

Hey!!! Comment if you like longer chapters or short ones. Vote, comment, recommend!! More to come.!

- Mariah