Chapter 30

Joining A Caravan

It was just that, little Tian was still left behind in the end. For the first time, Shao Qian left the Illusionary Mist Forest and intended on going to where Jesse had originally lived with his parents to look around first. Perhaps, he would be able to find some clues there.

Just as Shao Qian left the Illusionary Mist Forest, a person single-handedly charged into the depths of the said forest. This person made a name for himself within the depths of the forest, alerting all the magic beasts before leaving. The treant Pein looked at that person’s leaving back and felt anxious. As expected, he really returned.

Shao Qian left the Illusionary Mist Forest, following the system’s guidance to find a small village. In that small village, he exchanged some crystal stones that could be found in the Illusionary Mist Forest along with his own fur, blood and bones for a few gold coins. In the human world, without gold coins, there would be no way of travelling.

Using the gold coins that he had just obtained, he bought some daily necessities and intended to leave for the Illusionary Mist Garrison. Yup, Shao Qian went the wrong way. Within the Illusionary Mist Forest, there was no clearly telling where the East, West, South or North were at. As he had walked in the opposite direction, the Illusionary Mist Garrison was on the other side of the Illusionary Mist Forest.

He didn’t want to cross through the Illusionary Mist Forest again. It wouldn’t be certain that he would be able to get out once he went in. Don’t underestimate the magic beasts’ ability to take action.

Shao Qian considered finding a caravan, using the name of an escort and following them to the Illusionary Mist Garrison. This village didn’t have an auction house and he had no way of finding alchemy materials here. It had to be known that all the his alchemy goods were half-completed in the Illusionary Mist Forest as a lot of alchemy materials could only be found in the human world.

“Excuse me, do you require an escort?” Shao Qian had changed the colour of his hair and pupils with potions. However, as the potions were only half-completed, he would would have to use them again after three days. If not, then he would change back to his original appearance.

“Are you a magician or a martial artist?” The person-in-charge asked. Shao Qian didn’t wear a magician’s robes, nor did he wear a martial artist’s sturdy armor. He dressed like an average person, causing others to find it difficult to believe that he was a magician or a martial artist.

Shao Qian was surprised, before he shook his head. “No, I’m neither.”

The person-in-charge’s behaviour immediately changed. He was somewhat impatient as he waved his hand. “I only want magicians or martial artist. You, this kind of ordinary person, giving you gold coins is not possible.”

Shao Qian was at a loss. He was just about to explain when a voice interrupted from the side, “Hey, boy, didn’t we tell you to go run errands for our mercenary group?”

Shao Qian, along with the person-in-charge turned their heads. A beautiful woman wearing a skin-tight outfit, with an épée that looked to be the same height as her on her back, could be seen. The person-in-charge smiled respectfully at her. “Mrs. Christine , this little brother is a member of your mercenary group?”

“My apologies, steward Lacey. This child is my new member, but he was somewhat worried, therefore he came to find you once again.” Christine walked towards Shao Qian and grasped his shoulder, smiling towards the steward. “My boy only needs half a gold coin.”

“Mrs. Christine, you’re too polite. Since this person is part of the mercenary group we hired, it is only natural that we follow the agreed commision.” The steward was somewhat unwilling. After all, he was simply an ordinary person that needed protection, yet they still needed to pay him the full amount. This really made people feel unsatisfied. However, since the strongest mercenary group they had hired this time was Christine’s, it wouldn’t be worth to start arguing with her or get into her blacklist.