Chapter 45

The Regent Who Was Frightened

Shao Qian hurriedly protected his head, before he hastily searched for a space and quickly got up. However, as he was still somewhat short, he was jostled by the crowd onto an empty street.

On his right, the disorderly sound of clattering hooves could be heard approaching in the distance. Shao Qian turned to look towards that direction and saw a carriage heading quickly towards him.

“Xuan-er, quickly dodge!” The regent’s face had an anxious expression, using his strength as he tried to push against the crowd, but as a single person, how could he be compared to everyone else? Even after he exhausted all of his strength, he could only move forward a few steps.

Right now, it could be said that even if Shao Qian wanted to retreat, he couldn’t. He resolutely gritted his teeth, unable to deal with anything else at the moment. In the instant that the horses neared him, he utilised his soul power to the highest degree he could, and he was able to clearly see the speed of the horses. Seeing the horses passed him and the carriage about to collide into him, he scurried beneath the carriage at full speed.

At this moment, Helian Jing Qi seemed as if he had been dropped into a icy cave, his heart had stopped when the little Emperor rolled beneath the carriage. That carriage had already moved a far distance away, the ones blocking him were all people, furthermore, he couldn’t see where Xuan-erwas lying.

“Scram for Benwang.” Helian Jing Qi shouted angrily as he kicked away the people blocking him, his hands were not idle either as he exerted force and pushed away the obstacles before him.

He wanted to see Xuan-er, his Xuan-er was the Imperial Throne, he had the Heaven’s blessing, how could he lose his life from a carriage?

The regent still hadn’t gotten to the front when Shao Qian got up by himself. He dusted away the dirt on his body, frowning as he looked at the forehead ornament in front of him that was pulverised by the carriage. Exceedingly brave, actually daring to drive a horse to commit an assault, if he found out who that person was, he would definitely punish this crime.

“Xuan-er, Xuan-er.” The regent pushed himself to the front and saw his little Emperor looking down at the floor. He hurriedly went over and embraced him, feeling around hazardly all over his body, “Are you hurt anywhere? Hurry and let Imperial Uncle see.”

“I’m fine.” The wheel of a carriage in the ancient times was somewhat taller, and as his body had became even smaller, he naturally wouldn’t be hurt. However, his clothes was extremely dirty and messy. Moreover, that forehead adornment……

“Fine is good. Fine is good.” After confirming that the little Emperor was fine, the regent’s body started to warm up, his violently beating heart also slowly calmed down. “It was Imperial Uncle’s fault, I didn’t protect Xuan-er well.”

“It’s not your fault,” Shao Qian patted the regent’s shoulder, “Imperial Uncle, the forehead adornment you gave me broke.”

“Imperial Uncle still has a lot, as long as you’re fine, it’s okay.” This time, the regent was really frightened so severely that it could be said, from young until now, there was nothing that could make him feeling scared to this extent.

“Okay,” Shao Qian climbed onto the regent’s shoulder, “Imperial Uncle, gather up the forehead adornment and let’s go home.”