Prologue

"And in times of great turmoil, when His word and purpose have been forgotten and riotous men turn to evil the greatest gift of love and peace will arise to guide His people back to Him."

        The infant lay wrapped in his pink cotton blanket.  Not a fret or worry crossed her pale face.  She was the extreme image of tranquility.  It was true, he had seen many babies in his seemingly endless and infinite life, but He could already tell how special she was.  A soft purple light emitted an aura of love and peace, coiling around her small form, licking out in small tendrils up towards Him, washing Him in a sense of calm.

        Bending down, the man, who wasn't quite a man at all, placed a tender kiss atop her forehead.  She did not stir nor make a sound but continued her slumber as He studied the small child.  For an instant, he felt a pang of regret.  She did not know how important she was just yet, and in truth, neither did He.  He only knew to protect her. until she was needed.  And it was that in which he regretted.  Would she be able to lead a normal life?  Probably not, and how was that fair?  If He was to admit it to at least Himself, it wasn't.  But He had to remember that in the end, it was all for the greater good.

        “I will be with you Lavender Grace, every step of the way.”

        And with that, he was gone, but not really.