The Speech

She got out a mini notebook and started thinking. Ten minutes later she finished her speech and was ready to say it to her mom tomorrow. She decided it would be best to check it over and wait till her mom talked about it again to say the speech she had prepared. But like a minute later her mom came in, looking ashamed of herself. "Hey, uh Leah I wanted to talk to you," she said. "Me too," Leah said and smiled a tiny bit, just small enough that her mom didn't see it. She was happy her plan could get put into action today. She started by saying, "After I heard about your secret I thought we should make a promise that we'll NEVER keep a secret from each other," she said. ".....Yeah that would be amazing," her mom replied slowly forcing her lips to smile a little bit. "So how many times have you gone out with Paul?" Her mom hesitated, "YOU SET ME UP!" she yelled. "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU GONE OUT WITH HIM!" Leah yelled, her face red. "YOU.....deserve to know I guess.....I've gone out with him for........tre tueks..," she mumbled. "What was that?" Leah asked calming down. "Two weeks....," she replied, slowly lowering her head. "Well.....I'm okay with whatever makes you happy, mom," Leah said smiling at her mom. This was not part of her plan but this felt right to her. "Really?" she asked, very confused. "Yeah, of course mom! But I need to go to bed now," she said pulling the covers up over her body. "Goodnight," they both said at the same time. Then Leah softly said, "Love you." Her mom smiled then walked out of the room.