When we were young

It was hard for both of them when walking through their old memories. It felt like a set up in a way. They just so happened to be in the same place at the same time, trying their hardest no to die and then life throws them this.

While Catra had been separated from Adora for that moment. Adora was on her own at the moment when she ran into a young Catra, she was about twelve and looked like a nervous wreck. And somehow something in her gut knew what memory this was. It pained her to the bone.

She had no choice, if this memory chooses to show itself there had to be a reason for it. 

"Adora!" Catras voice rang out in the same tone it had before such a long time ago. She could see her younger self look up and a look of curiosity showed itself as the young Adora had been hesitant to ask. "Adora, I know what I'm going to tell you may seem a little crazy but I think you should give me a chance and hear me out."

Young Adora just watched her, not aware of the intent of the situation.

"Adora I like you a lot. And, not just as a friend."

Young Adora just looked at her and stayed silent, "Catra, I don't think a relationship right now is the best idea. I'm sorry."

Catra face it was hurt her the most. Adora liked her but like most things, she prioritized the Horde over everything else. As the memory faded there stood the Adora from now, she was crying and didn't know what to say. She would like to think Catra might've considered joining the rebellion, they would've been together and not total enemies.

Then Catras voice, "Adora? Why are you crying? Calm down we need to find an exit."

Adora wiped up her tears.

This was the way things are with them and they were never going to change.