Chapter 4

The Detrimental Confession

The day was nice, class was done and students were on the bench sitting with their friends. Saint was with his classmates just one bench away from where Perth and John is sitting.

Saint was just looking at the soccer field while Perth was talking to John.

"I have a news for you", Perth said with excitement.

"What is it dude?", John asked with his eyebrows forming a sliding v.

"I chatted with this girl. She is damn pretty", says Perth with heart eyes.

"Tell me who she is!", says John loudly getting everyone's attention.

"Hey. Lower your voice everyone is looking at as", says Perth with annoyance.

"Don't mind them", says John with a laugh.

They were talking quietly, looking at each other and laughing hard like there's no tomorrow.

Saint on the other bench, is now watching them because John's voice drawn Saint's attention to them. He was looking at them while they were very happy talking about Stacey, his fake account. It didn't feel right to see someone smiling because of him, for he knew that sooner or later, that happiness that Perth is feeling will turn into sadness when he finds out the truth.

It wasn't long before the bell rang, and Saint unconsciously follows Perth to where he was going. John was not with Perth because he directly goes to his dorm. Perth has to pass by a store to buy school stuffs while Saint was just 10 meters behind him waiting for him to move again. He was just looking at him while he was smiling looking through his phone and was reading his conversation with Stacey (Saint). Saint's mind was floating until he got too close too Perth's back. Perth, in curiosity looks at his back to know who's behind him.

"Oh. Hi Pee", says Perth in an awkward way.

"Oh. Hi Nong Perth", says Saint in surprise.

"You still remember me? What's your name again? If I may ask", says Perth scratching his neck.

"Of course Nong. I'm Pee Saint by the way", says Saint in a low voice, a sad one that tries to sound lively.

"Oh yeah. Pee Saint. Where are you heading too?", says Perth with a plain smile.

After hearing Perth's question, Saint looked around and realized that he was heading the right way to where his home is.

"I'm going home. How about you?", says Saint with a plain emotion

"I just bought something for school, but I'm now heading home.", says Perth while walking.

They walked together. Saint was looking down and just walked quietly. They walked and walked until they were near the school.

"I'm here. Bye nong", said Saint with a forced smile.

"Wait pee. That's your house?", says Perth stopping Saint from walking towards their gate.

"Yes nong. Why?", says Saint in a confusion.

"If you live there, then we live right next to each other", says Perth while pointing at their house.

"Is that so?", says Saint smiling.

"May I ask though?", says Perth.

"What is it?", Saint responded.

Why is the terrace in the second floor dirty? And why is the door to it always close with a curtain to cover the inside?, says Perth a bit embarrassed cause he feels like he's being nosy.