I Want Something To Get Me Through This.

I stood at my locker, exchanging my books. Suddenly I felt someone wrap their hands around my waist and kiss my exposed shoulder gently, and I turned around to see Connor. "How was your day?" He asked, putting his head on my shoulder. I then made him let go to put the book in my backpack.

"Fine. As good as school can get, I guess," I replied as we walked through the hallway and outside, finding Jacob's car in the school's student parking lot. We slid into the car and drove home in silence, which I was fine with. I turned my phone on shuffle and it ended up playing all Simple Plan, All Time Low, and blink-182. After we reached home Connor and I went up to my room, throwing our backpacks on the bed and starting our homework. It ended up so that I was sitting in his lap and he was trying to teach me how to distinguish the forms of Gustar and when to use them.

"Try it. I'll tell you if it's right," he said, shutting the book and wrapping his arms around my waist. I sighed, swinging my legs around so that I was facing him and my legs were across the bed and hanging off slightly.

"Okay. Uh," I started. "Me gusta esuchar musica." I knew that I didn't pronounce the words correctly, which made him laugh.

"You are correct. How would you say that Jacob likes to listen to music?" He asked.

"A Jacob gustar esuchar musica," I tried. He shook his head.

"Sorry babe. Try again." I sighed and shook my head, leaning into his shoulder.

"I don't wanna do Spanish. It's stupid," I replied, feeling my hot breath bounce off the crook of his neck and blow back in my face as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He leaned back and kicked the Spanish book off the bed, letting it land on the floor with a thump.

"Well that's the last thing that we had to do. What time is it?" He asked as he kissed my cheek. I looked over at the clock on my bedside table.

"Five. Why?" I replied. He shrugged.

"Nothing. Just wanted to know if it was too early to curl up and watch a movie," he replied.

"What movie?"

"What do you have?"

A few minutes later, we were watching the Blind Side. Connor casually kissed my cheek basically every five seconds, which was sweet, but kind of annoying because he laughed half the time. "Will you stop? I'm trying to actually watch the movie, you know," I said, turning my face to the side again and trying not to smile like a Cheshire cat.

"Sorry babe. Your face is soft," he replied. I rolled my eyes.

"You high or something?" He shook his head, giggling like a little girl as he kissed my shoulder, moving up to my cheek, making me laugh slightly. "Seriously, stop it. It's weird," I said as I slid off his lap next to him, curling my head into his chest. Then he must have seen my arms, because his body went rigid and tense in moments.

"When did you cut yourself last?" He asked. "And don't lie, these cuts can't be more than three days old."

"The first day of school," I replied quietly. "After it. There were some kids that knew John, and they accused me of killing him again. I didn't know what else to do." He took my chin and pulled my face upwards so that I had to look at him.

"You should have come to me," he said. "You could have done so many other things. You promised me that you wouldn't touch that blade again, and what did you do? Can't you see you're freaking killing yourself, and me in the process? I hate seeing you unhappy, and seeing those scars on your arms hurts me as much as you hurt yourself. If you ever think about cutting again, please please come to me." I nodded, tears forming in my eyes. I told myself not to cry, but as always, my eyes had a different idea. The tears started spilling over my eyelids and onto my cheeks, as I tried to stand up. It worked, but Connor realized that I was trying to leave and pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "Don't cry," I heard him mutter against the top of my head in a husky voice. "I'm here for you, and I always will be. I just can't stand to see you hurting."