I Will Fall For You

RANSOM'S POINT OF VIEW

"I love you," I repeated, sitting up as much as I could. I had finally said it - Yes, I loved Connor. Don't be surprised, you all knew this was coming. Even I did. He cracked a smile.

"As what? A friend?" He said cautiously. I shook my head. "More?" I nodded this time, and his smile grew.

"Yeah. More," I replied. It was more of a whisper, but I could tell that he had heard it.

"I love you too," He replied. He leaned in and kissed my temple. He leaned back into his chair, and I felt as if a big weight had just been lifted off of my shoulders. Then the door opened again, and everyone flooded back into the room.

"Well," Alex said. "After a phone call we have all finally made our decision. Connor?" Connor let  go of my hand and walked out of the room with Alex and John. Jaxon and Max both sat down, and we had a conversation about balloons. I don't even know. After a couple of minutes Connor came back into the room. His eyes held mixed emotions - sad, happy, and angry at the same time.

"What? Do I have to go back?" I asked him as Max and Jaxon moved away and he sat back down.

"Can I talk to her alone please?" Connor said loudly. John suggested that everyone get food and he would wait outside and finish explaining what was going to happen. "You're not exactly going back to her, and you're not exactly staying here. The guys and John had called your Mom. Your mom heard about what happened. Then we've worked out that you'll go home for two months. And your mom said that I can come with you. After those two months are up they'll have the court decide if you should go back to the school, to full-time therapy, stay with her, or possibly live in a foster home," he explained.

My mom agreed to that? That was a big step. She hated Connor. She hated me. But something must have snapped inside of her to let her do this, and actually agree to everything. Then again there was a possibility that she could make me stay with her and after the court agrees she could start the abuse again. But I had to hold onto the hope that she might actually have started caring.

"That's great," I said with a smile. "So when are we leaving?" He cracked a smile at my reaction.

"We're leaving in two days. As soon as you can get out of here, we'll go back to the apartment and pack and stuff. Then we can sleep and stuff because the flight's Friday morning at nine," he replied. I nodded.

"So what else is there to explain?" I asked.

"The complicated legalities and the rules that your Mom left for us," he said. I rolled my eyes. "That's my girl. I'll go get John." He kissed my forehead again before going to find John, who came back within moments and started to explain everything.

*************************************

"Remind me why we have to do this?" I asked. "I don't want any shots. I'm fine. It's not like I'm going to go kill myself as soon as we get back to the apartment." Connor just laughed.

"Relax, honey. It's just a needle. It's not going to hurt you," he replied. I turned my head and looked at him as they stabbed the needle into my skin and I jumped and winced, but Connor steadied me by wrapping an arm around my waist, kissing my cheek to relieve some of the pain. Then they gave me about five more shots and bandaged it up as well as my wrists, the bandages covering my palm and leaving only spaces for my fingers. "Good girl." I ripped off my bracelet as soon as we were in the car again, and we drove back to the apartment. The guys had all gotten me a card and signed it, telling me not to slit my wrists again or they'd cremate me instead of bury me. Nice, huh?

I got out my suitcase and packed everything back into it except for my pj's and clothes for tomorrow as well as my makeup and the medicine that was supposed to take my scars away but never did. Pretty soon I was in my favorite skull and crossbone pj bottoms and a white tank top, curled up on the couch with Connor, watching my favorite movie. My favorite movie was Across the Universe, which was a love story based on Beatles songs. Connor hated it except for the music because it was a love story, but it was so good. We sat and ate half a tub of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream before the movie was over and we started the Lion King, which is my second favorite movie of all time.