Keylla, Luna and Layla go dress shopping

14-year old Luna Isabella Rodríguez Hernández had saved thousands of dollars to make the flight to Washington, DC to go dress shopping with her best friend, Emilia "Layla" Demissew. Layla didn't live in the DMV area, but had a shit ton of family there, as in most cases of most Ethiopians, like her doting paternal cousin, Maria Lorena Kassa, whose own quinceañera was just days away, as this date was in July of 2017, six months away from Layla's big day.

10 and a half years earlier, Luna herself had made the comment that Layla would end up having a big party with all her family and friends, in which again, was too many to count. They had met when Layla first spoke words, in January of 2007, the 10th day to be exact, when Layla turned four years old and Luna's mother, Keylla Hernández, was interviewing her on live television. Luna at the time was a clingy little girl to her mother, like Layla was to her own, and stormed onto the scene, when she saw Layla as an opportunity to make a friend out of her.

Now, over a decade later, Luna and Layla would go dress shopping at Adriana's Boutique, situated in the heart of Alexandria, Virginia, where Layla's quince would be held. And if you thought it would just be them going shopping, no, it won't, since they brought a whole van filled with girls: Keylla, Luna, Layla, her younger twin sisters Julianna and Luz Makenna, Luna's best friends Elena Márquez Gebreyesus, Mayra Vázquez Tewolde, Pamela Morales Mendoza, Alice Vela Abebe, Valentina Daniela Ibrahim Castro, and Sarahí Ivonne Vargas Almodóvar, and again, Layla's cousin Maria Lorena, and her sister, Anna Luisa.