prolouge

(Jaune POV)
I walked towards the emerald forest thinking about today's events. I should have known this would happen. How else was this gonna go. Even my own team abandoned me. I guess that's how it is, people are willing to be your friend till you make the slightest mistake.

I was then brought out of my thoughts by something breaking a branch. Turning to my right my jaw drops as I see a large creature with red armor and some sort of gun.

 Turning to my right my jaw drops as I see a large creature with red armor and some sort of gun

The creature aimed it's weapon at me but before it could fire a burst of gun fire hits it in the head

The creature aimed it's weapon at me but before it could fire a burst of gun fire hits it in the head. The creature falls over dead on the ground. A large muscular man in heavy looking armor walks up to me.

???:"you ok kid?" He streaches his hand out to me and I accept his help. He pulls me up off the ground.

Jaune:"Who are you?"

Marcus: Marcus Fenix, Sargent of the cog." He then seemed to be pondering something. "How would you like to be a soldier?"

(Timeskip)
(Jaune's POV)

It's been a year since that day. I joined the cog and have undergone rigerous training. Other than becoming an elite fighting machine they have also made me a lot more muscular. I can now bench 500 lbs. I'm courrently in in in the armory getting on my gear. Suddenly the alarm starts to Blair through the base. A voice comes over the intercom.

Voice: everyone to your squads get ready to deploy.

Jaune: "They're playing our song. Everyone stick with your dance partners and let's exterminate those bugs."