chapter two: jaune the soldier

(jaune POV)

I stood up after the crash. The rest of my unit was fine save for the pilot. My head feels like it's being split open.

Jaune:"to any cog forces this jaune arc of Delta two. We went down somewhere in the forest over. Requesting evac."

Marcus:"Delta two this is Delta one we copy. We're on a way jaune."

I pick up my lancer and turn to the rest of my unit and tell them to hunker down and prepare to fight off the locust untill Delta one arrives.

(Timeskip)

The forest was quite. The only noise was the wind in the trees and the insects and birds. Suddenly the silence cause the rookie to get nervous.

Rookie: "where are they man. There should at least be a couple scouts or something."

Jaune:"I don't know rookie. Just stay focused and calm down." I turn on my intercom. "Delta one what's your ETA?"

Marcus:"we can't come to you the locust did a surprise attack. All our forces are at the edge of the woods defending the civs."

Jaune: "how far are you?"

Gunfire erupts from the trees and start pounding the downed choper we took cover behind.

Marcus:" we're two miles north of your location."

Jaune: "Roger that. We'll get there when we can." I pop up from behind my cover and fire several bursts from my lancer killing three bugs. "We need to start moving north on my signal"

Jaune: "3...2...1..." I throw a smoke granade and start running. "Go!"

_________________________________________
Sorry for the delay between getting my new phone working and wattpad glitching I haven't been a leader to work on the story