chapter three: welcome to the cog

(Jaune pov)

We ran through the forest with the bugs giving chase. Bullets zipped through the trees splintering the smaller ones. We were almost to the rest of our forces just 500 yards more. As we were running I hear some one come on the comms. "Delta 2 get down on our signal... NOW"

We hit the deck and more bullets flew over us this time towards the locusts. After the bullets stopped we stood back up and made our way to our saviors. "Thanks for the assist omega."  Kieron the leader of omega squad and son of Marcus fenix walks up to me and we do a bro hug.

"Come on guys we set up a defence position in the clearing until evac arrives. We make our way to the clearing to see all non cog personnel hiding in the downed choppers while those who were apart of the cog were in trenches they must have dug when they were first attacked.

"Jaune get over here."I Jog over to where Marcus is standing at a mounted  gun. "Take your squad and omega to the west side of the clearing we need more men there.(they entered from the south side)"

(Timeskip brought to you by everyone killing locusts.)

We were able to evac to atlas where we are working with them to better prepare for the locusts. Right now however I am getting ready to make a speach to the students we rescued from beacon.

I walked out onto the stage we set up for this speach. I looked out at the students. "Students of beacon I'm not one for speaches so I'm get to the point. You have 2 options here, you can go back to your huntsmen and huntresses training or you can join the cog. If you join you will be trained given weapons and armor, and put into squads. I won't lie to you and say it will be easy and you'll all will see each other on the other side. But I will say this you will find no better family than the cog. I know because I used to go to beacon and I was cast out, but in the cog i was treated like a brother."

I paused to let them think before speaking once more. "You all joined beacon to become heroes and save the innocent, you will have no better chance to do that than by joining the cog. If you wish to go back to being huntsmen and huntresses leave now if you wish to join the cog step forward.

To my surprise all the students stepped forward. "Well then I only have one more thing to say... WELCOME TO THE COG."