Dark Side of Some Nursery Rhymes

Dark Side of Some Nursery Rhymes List and explanations of the following Nursery Rhymes. 1. Baa Baa Black Sheep Sabi ng ibang scholars na ang "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" is about the Great Custom, a tax sa wool na naintroduced noong 1275, its use of the color black and the word "master" ay parang patungo sa isang mensaheng racial. Isipin nyo nalang. Sa dami daming kulay Black pa. Racism ata center nito e. Its political correctness was called into question yet again in the latter part of the 20th century, with some schools banning it from being repeated in classrooms, and others simply switching out the word "black" for something deemed less offensive. 2. Jack and Jill Aminin mo na napasabay ka sa kanta na "Jack and Jill" noon pero, ang akala mong innocent poem pumunta sa something a little bit naughty. Pero hindi pa talaga sure ang totoong pinanggalingan at mga kwento kwento tungkol dito. One of the most common theories surrounding the story's origin is that it's about France's Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, who were both found guilty of treason and subsequently beheaded. Ang Problema lang ay those events occurred nearly 30 years after "Jack and Jill" was first written. Edi may posibilidad na is yun ay account of King Charles I's attempt to reform the tax on liquid measures. When Parliament rejected his suggestion, he instead made sure that the volume was reduced on half- and quarter-pints, known as jacks and gills, respectively. Hahaha. 3. London Bridge is Falling down Noong 2006, Fergie got saucy with some of this classic kid tune's lyrics. Pero ang original song ay hindi much better. Depende sa pagtatanungan mo, "London Bridge is Falling Down" could be about a 1014 Viking attack, child sacrifice, or the normal deterioration of an old bridge. Pero ang pinaka popular na theory ay parang yung pinakauna. More specifically: the alleged destruction of London Bridge at the hands of Olaf II of Norway some time in the early 1000s. ("Alleged" because some historians don't believe that attack ever took place.) The song's popularity around the world is often cited as further proof that it was the Vikings who created it, believing that they brought the tune to the many places they traveled. Oh, and that whole child sacrifice thing? That's an idea that is also often debated (there's no archaeological evidence to support it), but the theory goes that in order to keep London Bridge upright, its builders believed that it must be built on a foundation of human sacrifice, and that those same humans-mostly children-would help to watch over the bridge and maintain its sturdiness. Which we're pretty sure isn't a practice they teach you in architecture school. Pretty sure talaga. 4. ROCK-A-BYE BABY One interpretation ng popular na kantang pambata na ito ay patungkol daw sa son of King James II of England and Mary of Modena. It is widely believed that the boy ay hindi talaga nila anak, pero a child who was brought into the birthing room and passed off na parang inangkin nila yung bata in order to ensure a Roman Catholic heir to the throne.