Return to the Turnabout, Part 2

January 26

Courtroom No. 1

10:30 AM

Deirdre Brigit

~ Cross-Examination ~

~ Seeing the Defendant ~

-"I was helping Ms. Rensicks out with the graduation ceremony..."

-"I've been interning with her for a semester now, and she wanted my help, even if I don't go there yet."

-"I was carrying a few streamers over to the auditorium when I saw her..."

-"Aria was leaving the gymnasium with blood on her hand!"

"Hold it!"

"I noticed on the diagram of the gymnasium that it has two exits. There's one exit up in the commentary room accompanied by a stairwell. The other exit is on the ground level where the actual sporting events take place," I frowned. "Which exit did you see the defendant leave from?"

"It was the lower level she was leaving from," Ms. Blake explained. "It's hard to get between the two levels. You have to travel around the whole gymnasium in order to change levels. You must leave from one exit, walk around the gym from the outside, and then enter the other side."

"Please add that statement to your testimony," I instructed. I was starting to get an idea as to what Mr. Morix had been hinting at before. I was getting a better concept of how to prove it too, which was best for all of us.

"Alright..." Ms. Blake said softly. She didn't seem to understand why I was asking her to do this, but I got the feeling she would catch on soon enough.

-"She left from the lower entrance of the gymnasium."

"Objection!"

"The defendant couldn't have possibly left from the lower entrance at the time of the crime," I smirked. "If she had blood on her, she wouldn't have left from the bottom. It would make no sense. The victim was shot up in the commentary room, and there's no way she could have moved between the two without either being spotted."

"Objection!"

"The defendant could have killed the victim up at the top and then left for the lower level to make herself seem innocent," Prosecutor Burke suggested.

"Objection!"

"But why would she have blood on her hand? She would have washed it off had she gotten blood on her hand instead of just walking around with blood dripping from her. It would make her seem incredibly suspicious," I pointed out. "Plus, she had no reason to have blood on her hand."

"Objection!"

"There was blood writing at the scene of the crime. She would have to get some blood on her if she was going to write in the blood," Prosecutor Burke pointed out.

"Objection!"

"Why would she write her own name in blood at the scene of the crime?" I asked. "It wouldn't make any sense. Besides, that would only get blood on her finger. From what I can tell, the witness saw her hand dripping with blood."

"It's true... Her hand was practically soaked in it..." Ms. Blake cut in. "I don't think just writing in blood would have gotten that much blood on her..."

"I have one more question," Mr. Morix said next, a frown on his face. "Was any blood found down on the ground level of the gymnasium?"

"I'm afraid not. No blood was found anywhere outside of the commentary room," Prosecutor Lin spoke up.