Chapter 3

Ethan POV

I had just pulled on a light jacket over Lilly's shirt to keep her warm. Funny thing about Lilly is she hates wearing too much clothes, she'd gladly go walking around naked. I tell you, we have more pictures of her without clothes than with. She's an odd child..

We walked to my baby (aka my car) and I strapped Lilly in her car seat. I hopped in the front seat and got buckled. I turned my key into the ignition and pulled out of the driveway.

I turned on some music to entertain Lilly, as I had forgotten the iPad my parents got her for Christmas. Yes my little sister who is 3, has an iPad, I just got my first phone when I was a freshman in high school. She is a spoiled child, but she was the last one so...

I turned down the familiar street to the park I used to go to with mom and dad. I took the key out of the car and unbuckled. I got out of the car and walked to Lilly's side and opened her door. I unstrapped her from her car seat and set her on the ground. I closed her door and locked the car.

"Now, Lilly listen, don't run off to where I can't see you." I tell her sternly.

"I nwo weave! I stway wif big brudder." She told me.

"Yes you do." I praise her and grab her little hand in mine.

I walk with her to the little playground. I let her go and run around, but keep a close eye on her.

"No Izzy! Come back!" I hear a yell. I turn around and see the most gorgeous girl.

She has honey blonde hair that goes down to her shoulders and electric green eyes. She's short, about 5'2 and weighs no more than 105 lbs. She's chasing a little girl, about 5 years old, who is running toward the playground.

"I play sissy!" The little girl screams back, to what I assume is her sister.

"Not without me Izzy!" The girl eventually catches up with the little girl and picks her up and sets her on her hip. She catches my eye, and sets her sister down. She bends down to her height and looks in her eyes.

"You can play for a few minutes. But don't run off again or you'll be in trouble." She tells her younger sister sternly.

The little girl nods her head quickly and runs off towards the swings.

The older one comes and sits next to me.

"You here with someone?" She asks me softly.

"Yeah, my little sister, Lillian but we call her Lilly. I'm Ethan, by the way, Ethan Sanders." I tell her and shake her hand.

"Yeah, I'm with my little sister, Izabella, but we call her Izzy. I'm Juliet Martin." She says, and shakes my hand firmly.

"Pretty name," I compliment her and she blushes.

"Thank you."

I nod in response and watch the two little girls play together.

An hour has passed and during that hour, Juliet and I continuously talked about ourselves and family.

Juliet is the oldest of six children at age 20. There is Nik whose 18, Max whose 15, Abigail whose 13, Melina whose 9, and Izabella whose 5. She told me she heard her mom tell her dad, 'I'm not doing this again, unless you want to push them out' to which I laughed. Her moms name is Carla and her dad is Robert.

I told her about my parents death and Lilly. We were engrossed in conversation, when Lilly came up to me. Lilly tugged on my pant leg and yawned. I turned down to her.

"You tired missy?" I ask her and she just meekly nods her head.

I put my hand under her armpits and lift her up. I set her on my hip before turning to Juliet.

"I have to go. Put this little munchkin to a nap." I tell her.

She nods, "I must go as well, we were expected to be home 15 minutes ago, but I wanted to stay, as did Izzy. We really enjoyed the company. Meet again?" She asks and I agree.

We exchange numbers and I carry the sleepy toddler to my car. I unlock the car and open Lilly's door before strapping her in her car seat. I hop in the drivers seat and start the car. I close my door and buckle up. I pull out of the parking lot an begin the 10 minute trek to the house. I've been thinking about getting an apartment, so the bills aren't high.

I pull up to the house and carry Lilly inside. I take her to her room and gently set her on her bed. I pull her covers over her and kiss her forehead gently. I turn on her nightlight before gently closing the door behind me. I walk down the hallway to the kitchen, where I make dinner for when Lilly wakes up.

I put mac n cheese in the pot on the stove. As I am fixing dinner, I hear soft footsteps in the hallway. Lilly appears, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. She sees me and climbs on one of the stools.

"Brudder, what you dwoing?" She asks me, sleep evident in her voice.

"I'm making us some Mac n cheese." I tell her.

"Ywummy!" She yells happily.

"You hungry baby girl?" I ask her.

"Yep! Me hungwy! I eat Mac n cheese." She tells me excitedly.

I chuckle, "Yes you do."

I fix her a small bowl and grab a sippy cup of grape juice. I set her on her booster seat and put her food in front of her. I grab myself a bowl and eat right beside her. We finish eating and I look at Lilly. I laugh at her.

"You got more food on you than in you." I tell her and grab a napkin.

"Dwid nwot!" She tells me indignantly.

"Sure," I say dragging it out. I wipe her mouth clean.

"Pway wif me brudder?" She asks me, looking a me with puppy dog eyes. Must resist...

"Okay, but only for a bit." I tell her and play with her blocks with her. We play for about 30 minutes and then I ran a bath for her and got her in pajamas before putting her to bed with her stuff bunny, Honey. I kiss her head before going downstairs and watching a random football game.

I watch for a bit but get distracted when I feel my phone go off. It's from Juliet:

Jules 👌💋

hows nxt sat work?

_________________________________________

A/N Hey folks!! This is the lovely author of this lovely book. I'm just joking. Um well welcome to my story. Hope you enjoy it and read. Well Peace ✌️

Love

Jalyn 💞