Late Regrets(2)

Men from the Zhang clan were playboys. They wouldn't stick to one woman. In fact, they would have several concubines and outside mistresses, aside from their main wife. Their families could ignore their fooling around But they were still pressured to succeed in the Military and get a high position as first or second rank General.
--🌸--
Men from the Jiang clan were different. They were sent away at young age to the Military camps and trained as well as disciplined harshy as a soldier trainee. During those times there, women would be a complete wonder to them.(And a total annoyance cuz they don't know that women are offended easily. Especially when it comes to weight gain and how much they're spending😐).
--🌸--
A strict rule in the Jiang family stated that if a man of their family wanted a concubine, they would have to wait two to three years to have one as they had to have a good relationship with their wives and at least have one or two children. If the rule was broken, harsh punishments would be carried out and the "intended concubine-to-be would be sent back to where she came from(or thrown out, I guess?😑). Immediately marrying one or two concubines into the Zhang clan residence after marrying a Main wife, was normal for the Zhang family. But it would be a major moral and shameful crime in the Jiang clan! It would mean to outsiders that the Jiang clan didn't teach their sons well and taught them not to give face to their newly married brides or their maternal families! Jiang clan knew as a old prestigious Military clan that had won many battles and provided deep stable roots for Da Shu, had to be stern and careful in their conduct as well as in their manners, so Officials and enemies wouldn't scandalously accuse them of something that they would never likely do.
--🌸--
But Zhang clan's conduct of their sons lacked the harsh discipline and punishment Jiang clan had. The discipline were lighter and the morals were more loose than wild dogs. Only a few rare men from the Zhang clan had a strict moral code. Zhang clan were on equal standing as the Jiang clan. They too, was a old prestigious military clan merited for winning many great battles and civil wars for Da Shu! But they were still inferior to the Jiang clan in age and glory.
--🌸--
It was no secret that Jiang clan and Zhang clan were rivals. Both families had a rivalry with each other for personal reasons and the rivalry was old. Maybe tracing back to six generations.

Coexistence between these two clans were impossible. Even the Emperor avoided being in the middle of their rivalry.
--🌸--

She honestly believed he was different. When she was still a young and naive Jiang Wuxin, he had told her that he loved her and that she was all that mattered to him. And she believed him, like the naive and love struck girl she was back then. She didn't think he was like the men in his family. She thought he was really different from the rest of his family's men.
--🌸--

She believed she would be his one and only woman in this lifetime.

But she was deeply wrong. It didn't take her a year in their marriage to realize that he was the same as those men in the Zhang clan.

She was never going to be the only woman in his life. Ever.
--🌸--

Zhang Yan luo had taken responsibility for the noble Xiaojie of the Su family. It turned out that she was the legitimate daughter of the Count Of Ren'de. And to avoid the Zhang clan's reputation of its men worsening, he had taken the responsibility of marrying her as a concubine.

Jiang Wuxin bitterly had to endure the deep pain in her heart.

Another one.

He was going to marry another one. And she would have to act like she was okay. Like it never pained her or broke her apart.