Chapter 9 - Saving

I walked up to the cage and she eyes never left mine.

"So. I let you live your dream of being a chef, allowing you to cook for me, only to find out that you want to kill me." I said calmly. I saw her open and closed her mouth. I didn't show it, but that hurt even more. With that, I will take away her freedom.  

"I should have you executed but Iron pleaded with me to keep you alive. I felt sorry for you and allowed it. Your lucky Iron is my best guard and trusted ally. You will help Iron cook, with out touching anything. I will find a new place for you, maybe a maid." I said and turned, leaving her behind. I heard her cry and felt tears. I opened my heart and she crushed it. I walked back to my study and took my fathers book out. 

"There has to be something her to remove your heart." I said. I never felt this way before and I stopped. I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears. I loved her. I loved my pet and she broke me. I opened my eyes. I wouldn't allow it. I took a deep breath. I would kill her. I would kill her so no pony will know that I let some pony in. I then heard the door open and i looked, seeing them. Iron put a plate down with a hay sandwich.  

"You made this Iron?" I asked and saw Iron nod.

"Yes my king. Your little pet did not touch it." Iron said. I nodded, and used my magic to pick it up. I trusted iron with my life. I was about to take a bite when my pet jumped on my desk and took a bit of my food. She even had the nerve to swallow it and then look at me. I stood, pissed.

"You wrenched little..." I started but she started to shake and a white form came out. My eyes grew wide and used my magic to catch her before she fell and put my horn to her mouth. I saw a yellow liquid come out. and she stopped shaking and I saw she was still breathing. 

"(y/n)!" I shouted and she opened her eyes slowly. She looked at me, the at Iron. I sighed happily.  

"M-My king I'm sorry. She must have put something in there while my back was turned." Iron said but I saw (y/n) shaking her head but then moved and puked. I moved towards her, as did Iron.

"Well lets see. That is why I saved her." I said, looking at her but that wasn't the truth. I just didn't what to see her die.

"Tell me slave. Why did you try to poison me?" I asked, using her new name. She will no longer be my pet. She opened her mouth but closed it before pointing to her mouth. I walked up to her and placed my horn to her mouth and casted a cancellation spell. Once I stepped back she opened her mouth. 

"It was Iron!" She shouted.