Book2: Comeback

EIGHT MONTHS I HAD BEEN WITH MICHAEL and for months on the past guarding Lawrence. Michael had taught me a lot especially controlling my thirst when people are around and at this moment I am ready to comeback home. I would jump to Lawrence arm and hugged him so tight and tell him I’m sorry for everything that I have done, I would one by one hug mom and Aunt and tell them that I have recovered now and I had to tell Lawrence a lot more.

But when that time comes, I didn’t want to leave Michael alone again with those dirty dishes when his friends come and he would throw his clothes again, his bed room would be so dirty again and he would always be quiet on this big house and…

        “Abby, have you seen my trousers?” He asked shouting from the stairs, and he would never remember where he’d place his things.

        “It’s behind the door!” I shouted back. I am in the living room thinking of a lot of possibilities as soon as I could go back to my normal not very normal but normal with Lawrence.

        “Hey, do I look nice?” He asked as he was already downstairs presenting to me his crumpled suit and messy tied necktie.

        “Oh, great, how many times do I have to tell you to iron your clothes before using it?” I scolded.

        “Well, it’s very hard,” He complained, “Oh, why aren’t you dressed?”

        “Why? What’s the occasion?” I asked and went upstairs to iron his suit while he was following me. “Kindly take your suit off because I’ll iron it.” He did as I instructed.

        “The Heather family had left already and I get to be promoted as the partner of the new chief Arthur Parks, so I’m taking you out for dinner.”

        I had finished ironing his suit then was tying his necktie and was speechless of what he had said and then I stopped tying it. “What?”

        “I’m sorry,” He said. “I didn’t mean to.” I continued tying his necktie but he knew I’m in deep pain.

“Do you want me to cancel the celebration?” He said holding now my hand and stopping it from tying his necktie.

        “No, I’m just going to change and I’ll be back in just a minute.” I pulled his hand and then headed to my room; ever since we were living together we were sharing the same room for the fact that we don’t sleep.

As I ran he grabbed my arm and pulled me on his chest. I didn’t try to fight back for I was really on deep pain and allowed myself to sink my face on his chest. Tears come out and I was crying.

“It’s going to be alright, Abby.” Michael said, “I’m here whenever you need me.” Michael was the only one to call me Abby ever since, he made me another nickname.

“Why?” I said with my voice shaking, “I love him so much.”

“He loves you so much too and he’s not over yet.” He said in a gentle voice and then I removed my face of his chest and look at his face if he was serious for he was a great liar.

His expression was serious, “Do you want to follow him in Hong Kong?” He asked.

I was speechless and I wanted to say yes but the words won’t come out from my mouth because I’m afraid to leave Michael. “It’s ok, Abby, you don’t have to worry about me.”

As what he said I hugged him so tight and really sank my face deeply on his chest and was now wondering. ‘What am I crying all about? Is it about Lawrence who left or Michael who had been so kind to me and he would just ask me to leave?’