Book2: Change

AS I WAS THINKING DEEPLY ON MY NOR-mal spot I heard murmurs again from Elizabeth and Michael and at this moment I was so eager to know what are they talking about, but how could I when Michael the mind reader can read my mind when I meddle about their conversation? I stood up from my sit and walked circling around the chair.

“It doesn’t matter! I have to think blankly!” I decided and tiptoed on going upstairs. The murmur gets louder and louder and as I reached the door it was clearer.

“See? You can’t even help your self!” Elizabeth exclaimed.

“Please, I don’t need that now!” Michael exclaimed back.

“Yeah right, because you stuck yourself with that stupid girl who will never love you back the way you loved her!”

“I know what I’m doing! Who cares if she doesn’t love me back the way I do? What’s important is I’ve let her feel something and let her know how much I love her!”

“Shut up, Michael! Can you imagine a life with that stupid girl who doesn’t even care for you? Do you know the risk you caused? You let your brother down!”

“Do not ever mention that brother of mine, Elli! I am never going to be like him! He is a monster!” He shouted angrily like loosing control then I heard a slap.

“We are meant to be monsters, and you can never change that!”

“No! You are the monster! I make my own destiny.” He responded and he was going out of the room so I quickly ran silently downstairs.

When he was out of the room and while I was on the living room pretending to watch television he just passed by me and went out of the house.

“Hey,” I called him. “Where’re you going?” I asked.

“Away from her,” He responded joking and looked at me smiling still with pain.

“May I come?” I asked and stood up from my sit helping him in putting his coat.

He then cleared his throat. “Um, I’m sorry but you can’t.” He answered disappointedly.

“What? But you always allow me to go with you.” I exclaimed.

“I know. I need to go now, I love you.” He said then kissed me on the cheek quickly and away he goes.

“But…” I was about to say something more but he was already gone then Elizabeth passed by still not talking to me. “What is wrong with you people???” I shouted kicking softly the chair then Elizabeth came to talk.

“You, you are the problem! Ever since you came here you have ruined our lives.” She shouted angrily and I stared at her in disbelief because hatred had filled her heart.

“I… i… I’m sorry.” I said guiltily because it was all true and then she just passed by me.

I sat down again and turn off the television thinking deeply about what is wrong. What do Elizabeth wanted to tell me by asking those weird questions? And another thing, I just noticed that Michael didn’t know my thoughts awhile ago. Everything’s strange. I kept on roaming around the house and thinking on what is happening and then an hour after Michael had arrived.

“Michael!” I said in relief, and I don’t know why I said that.

“Abby,” He responded and hugged me protectively. “Are you alright?” He asked.

“Why? Who could touch me if I’m on your side?” I asked sarcastically and he laughed while he brushed my hair.

Then Elizabeth passed and stared at Michael with threatening eyes while Michael stood beside me silently.