Chapter Six: Scrubbing and Reported Death

• Pisco's POV •

"Did you sleep well?" Rose asked me as she set down a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Good." was all I replied with. "Where's Kanaya and Virgio?"

"Out," she replied. "At Taurittus's party."

"Oh."

"You, Feferi, and I, since we thought going out is wrong, are staying home." Rose stated, cutting my eggs up for me.

We didn't say anything after that; I ate my eggs in silence. She took my plate to clean, and I headed back to my respiteblock with my uneaten bacon.

Once I'd shut my door, I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at the bloody heart that was still painted on my window.

'Why?' I thought, 'why me? Why did he have to fall in love with me?'

I sighed.

I unlocked my window, and opened it up. I crawled out the space, which was big enough to let me through without my gigantic ass getting stuck.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I fell through to the other side, leaves piling in my mouth.

I stood up, spitting out the nature that'd wanted to make my mouth it's home. I brushed the dirt off my clothes, then got to work on scrubbing the heart off.

"Whatcha doing?"

I jumped, hitting my forehead on the window. I groaned, rubbing the bump that was probably appearing on my head.

"Oops, sorry!" Lancer giggled, brushing the hair out of my face to see me.

"It's okay," I huffed. "What're you doing here? I thought you'd be at Taurittus's wriggling day party."

"Nope! I wanted to see you instead!" Lancer said, smiling. "So, you haven't answered my question yet. Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing." I replied a little too quickly.

He grinned; he could tell that something was up. "Tell me," he said, trying to look over my shoulder, and failing since he's shorter than me. "What were you, uh, scrubbing off the window?"

"I told you," I said, my voice beginning to rise. "Nothing."

Lancer made a move to push me out of the way to see.

"Stop!" I demanded, pushing him away.

"Fine," Lancer grinned. "I'll find out sooner or later, though."

And with that, he ran off into the trees, back to his hive, which was at the other side of the forest.

"Ugh," I muttered. "Ignorant prick."

Once I finally cleaned the heart off, I climbed back through the window and into my respiteblock.

"What were you doing?" Virgio asked when I closed the window.

"Lancer was outside," I replied. "You came home early."

"Taurittus was ill, so the party was cancelled last minute." she explained.

"Oh."

"So," Virgio said. "What were you talking about, with Lancer?"

A sheepish grin crawled onto her features.

I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Nothing like that, you ass!"

Right then, Kanaya burst into our room.

"Psii has been reported dead!"