Chapter Eight: A Meeting

My vision was shaky, and I felt a steady pounding in my head, as if someone was beating a drum.

My surroundings were unfamiliar, and fear struck my heart when memories of the night before came crashing onto my thinkpan.

"Hello?" I called out, trying to keep the tremor from entering my voice.

"Honk." A deep voice said in response.

"Gog, is that all you say?!" I snapped. "I'm sick of all the honks; just explain to me why I'm here."

He stepped out of the shadows. And when I say he, I mean Gamzee Makara, the most wanted killer on the whole planet of Alternia.

"I couldn't hold back anymore," he replied. "I needed to see your face again."

"Let me go!" I demanded. My body struggled against the chains that restrained me from lashing out at him.

"You just got here!" Makara said. "Before you leave, I want to have a little....... fun."

"Oh Gog," I murmured, throwing up a little in my mouth.

"Not like that, you motherfucker." He said. "I've been alone for so long, that I've had no one to talk to."

I blocked out the sympathy that threatened to show in my eyes. "Why me, though?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

"You're beautiful." Makara told me.

Violet shaded my grey cheeks, making me turn my face away.

"Why're you all up and blushin', Pi?"

"Don't call me that," I growled. "N-no one's ever told me that before is all."

"You're kidding."

"No, I'm not." I grinned.

Makara took a key from his pocket and inserted it into the lock of the chains. He twisted it a few times, then the grip on me was loosened.

I shook off the chains. "Thank you, I guess."

He smiled. "What didn't you motherfucking attack me?"

I shrugged, looking down at the ground.

"Hello, I'm up here." Makara stated.

I giggled.

"Well, this took a turn that I didn't expect." He said.

"How?" I questioned, raising my gaze to his painted face; his clown makeup was smeared this way and that, and it was starting to fade, too.

"Usually, when I take a chick to my hive she all up and freaks out," Makara replied. "They always end up killing themselves. Always! Honk!"

He punched the wall behind him, his face lighting up in anger.

"I'm sorry, I guess...," I told him. "I really am."

"Hmph."

"Can I leave now?" I asked. "My dancestor is probably worried sick."

Makara sighed heavily; then, he pointed to a hallway to his left, and said, "Exit's that way."

I left his hive, not feeling any emotion whatsoever, if that's possible after meeting the killer you've been hiding from almost your whole life.

'What now?' I thought. 'Should I tell the authorities what happened, or should I keep my mouth shut for eternity?'