Chapter Ten: Winter

• Pisco's POV •

I wrapped the thin cloth that was my scarf tighter around my gills, trying to shield the sensitive skin from the biting cold; winter's here, and throughout the whole month there's been nonstop cold weather and snow.

Since the ocean froze over, swimming lessons with Fef stopped. Now it's literally just a big block of ice!

I trudged through the snow, Rose walking alongside me with her hands in the pockets of her coat. We were on our way to her clothing shop, which she shared with Kanaya. Ever since shit hit the fan, the shop closed up. But, since we need to grab more jackets and warm clothing, we're stopping by.

The looming figure of her shop was just up ahead. When we got there, Rose quickly unlocked the door and we both went inside.

Lots of fabrics and creating utensils were covered in dust from Rose and Kanaya's long absence.

"Blegh," I muttered, taking a black hoodie and shaking the cobwebs from the soft material.

'This'll be good for Gamzee,' I thought. I shook my head in frustration, trying to clear my mind from that psychotic bastard.

Ever since he'd kidnapped me, he'd been on my mind nonstop; I'd also went from calling him Makara, his surname, to Gamzee.

I stuffed the hoodie in my bag, along with some scarves and ear-muffs.

"Ready?" Rose asked.

I nodded.

After she locked the door, we headed home.

--------------------

"Are you sure you want to go out into the woods?" Feferi asked in a worried tone.

"Yes," I replied, about to leave the warmth of the hive to find Gamzee's abandoned shelter.

"Be careful, okay?" Kanaya said. "Even though there hasn't been any reports of Makara's appearances, he could still be out there."

"I know," I grumbled, impatient.

"Why are you so eager to get out of the hive?" Feferi questioned. "Is it some troll that we don't know about?"

"Ooh, is it Lancer?!" Virgio squealed.

"Forget you guys," I muttered, slamming the door behind me.

The snow crackled under my feet as I trudged through the piles of snow, on my way to Gamzee's place.