Heat (2)

I flop onto my bed, muscles sore. Jerome had taken me on a chase around Gotham. He made me run at least halfway around the city with him. Jim Gordon had "rescued" me, but of course, Jerome had it planned. I feel so guilty not letting Jim know what was going on, but if he knew Jerome was using my omega secret as a bargainning chip for money, he would most definitely lock me up for my own safety.

I burrow myself deeper into the silk sheets. Letting my tired legs relax.

The worst part about this is that I don't really mind being with Jerome. I should hate him for all the death he's caused...but, I can't bring myself to.
A sickening feeling came over me.

"I don't like him, do I?" I was repulsed at my own question.

This is the man that killed his own mother and many others. He has tried to kill me on multiple occasions!

I groan. This is just too much to think about right now.  With that, I fell asleep.

-1 month skip-

Alfred is helping me stock food in my room. I'm going into heat, and for both his and my safety, I am going to be locked in my room, and Alfred is locking himself out of the manor.

"Now Master B, are sure there isn't anything else you want, you are going to be in here for a whole week."

"I'll be fine,Alfred." I say, gesturing towards the piles of food. "This would last months."

"Well, of course, but are sure you don't want anymore, just in case, that is." Alfred looked like a worried mother hen.

I put my hand on his arm.

"I'll be fine." I say reassuringly.

He gives a stiff nod before grabbing the keys off of my desk.

"If you need anything at all, call me. "  He says locking my bedroom door.

I listen to his footsteps echoing through the empty hallways until the manor is silent.

Going through heat was always horrible. My first time was when I was 11, and thankfully I was alone at first. I had collapsed in the library, just laying on the ground panting and crying. Alfred had caught the scent of heat, and had taped his nose and mouth shut. He locked me in my room before running off as fast as he could. Since then, I have become rather used to heats. Besides the terrible pain and um...needs, my only real problem is getting bored easily.

I stared at the clock. 11:47.

"Any second now..." I mumble to myself.

I sigh. Maybe its late this time? I get up to grab a book from my nightstand. BAM! My legs buckle underneath me and I hit the ground.

"Hah~ Shit!" I pant. It's not late, its never late! Stupid! I chide myself.

My legs tremble as I try to steady myself.

If I just manage to get on my bed I will be ok.

I grapple with the bedspread, trying to pull myself up. I manage to get into a laying position.  I curl up on my side and a whimper escapes my mouth as the cramps start.

I try to control my breathing, but all I can taste is my own scent in the air. It makes everything feel so...heavy. My eyes start to blur and I pass out.  

Sneak peak:

Jeromes pov-

I whistle to myself as I drive the outskirts of Gotham. The empty road stretching out before me. I can't wait to mess with Brucie boy today!!