Chapter 3

Author’s Point of View

The train ride was quiet and tense. Kieran could feel Haruki’s eyes on him the whole time. It was nerve-wracking, but Masa was there holding him close which eased off most of tensed air. As the train rode on, Kieran would exchange words with Masa here and there about they’re date later on. They exchanged words about sharing foods together as well as holding hands. Just your average couple things even though they weren’t together yet.

“Mhm, we should get some Dango too.” Kieran added, licking his lips and already tasting the sweet and savory flavor of his favorite treat.

“Of course we can. We can also light the lanterns together and maybe…”

“Maybe what?”

“—and maybe you can spend the night at my place. Unless you don’t want to, but I was only thinking since we’re going to be out late that is.” Masa stammered, his palms sweaty and his cheeks red to the tips of his ears.

At the suggestion, Kieran couldn’t help but blush and look away. He felt so girl for doing so, but the thought of sleeping over at Masa’s place and knowing that this man here at feelings for him. What if they did the you know what?

Kieran shook his head and puffed his cheeks.

Masa noticed that Kieran cheeks were inflated and decided to turn the boy’s toward his. He placed both of his hands on both side of Kieran’s cheek and pushed Kieran’s cheek together.

Air rushed out of Kieran’s mouth and he scowled.

“Masa!”

“What?” Masa grinned, hands still holding onto Kieran’s soft cheeks.

“F-Forget it.” Kieran murmured, pushing Masa’s hands away and facing the window.

From across the train, Haruki almost wanted to puke at the sight. He wanted to be the one to hold Kieran, to be the one to take him out, and his first of course. Though with Masa there, he wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on the boy.

“Haruki?” Kyu purred, arms wrapped around Haruki’s arm as he noticed his boyfriend was staring at Kieran and some other kid.

“Don’t tell me you’re…”

Kieran eyes widen and he turned his head to fast that he swore that he might have broke his neck. “—No! I was just staring outside the window, Kyu.” Haruki shook his head, wrapping both his arms around Kyu and kissing the boy sweetly. “There’s no one else I rather be with then you.” He whispered, knowing that the meaning behind those words were lies.

“I’m glad.” Kyu smiled, returning multitude of kisses back towards Haruki.

The train soon came towards a stop and the doors opened. Kieran and Masa left the train with Haruki and Kyu following right behind.

Just up ahead of Haruki and Kyu were the bickering Masa and Kieran talking about how excited they were at the festival.

“Honestly, I don’t know if I want to wear my kimono at all.” Kieran pondered, his hand gripping his chin while he felt the watchful eye of Masa on him.

“What are you talking about? You should wear yours. I’ll be wearing mine.”

Masa seemed to be completely begging at this point. He wanted to see his date in something much different than the boring school uniforms.

“We’ll see about that.” Kieran smiled, his hand now covering that smile up.

From behind, Haruki felt like tearing Masa from limb to limb and taking Kieran away and locking him into his closet. Though, he knew that later on after the festival, he would be doing more things to Kieran in the janitor closet. He might even take the boy’s virginity too.