Chapter 3: Unknown Enemy

Mira POV

'He touches you and no one touches what's mine.'

He touches you and no one touches what's mine.'

'He touches you and no one touches what's mine.'

His last sentence replayed again and again in my mind.

What does he mean about that? Is he... Is he telling me that I'm his? Wwhy? Hhow?

"Mira-nee? Are you alright? You're turning red? You're a bit hot too. Maybe you have a fever. You should take a rest or something." My sister worriedly chanted.

'Oh no. Get a grip Mira. Don't let them worry about it. Especially your sister, you know how good she is playing sherlock holmes.'

*Cough. Cough*

"Yyeah. Ehem. Yeah. I'm fine Lisanna. I'm just a little exhausted that's all." Ugh. My voice is off. Relax Mira. Take a deep breath.

"Oh okay. If you need anything just call me or Kinana." Then she disappeared behind the kitchen doors.

When see beyond met sight. I lean back on the counter. God that was exhausting!

'Whew!! That was close. I shouldn't let my reactions show or else say hello to endless torment pairing to my lov- I mean my Laxus. Uhh! Laxus not my Laxus.'

"Alright! I'm done for the day *yawn* better call it a night then." I absent-mindedly tild myself.

*Thump. Thump. Thump.*

I instantly become alert. Someone's here inside the guild.

*Thump. Thump. Thump.*

Wait, there's two people now? What do they want? It's getting nearer to where I am.

3rd Person POV

"Have you found the girl?" The man asks. He was medium-size in built, gray haired man with a sign of twilight ogre stamp on his right neck.

"No. I have searched everywhere but she's nowhere to be seen." Said the other guy bearing the same stamp on his left cheek He is rather lanky with tousled orange hair.

*Crash*

"What's that?"

"I think we've found her. Go check the boxes around the corner."

The two members of twilight ogre prepared to corner the one who's hiding behind the set of liquor crates.

*Thump. Thump. Thump.*

"Gotcha!!! I got her - errr a cat?!! And it's injured. Aww such a pity. Can we keep it Vermont? Please? Please? Please?"

"Oh okay. But you're looking after it." Said the other grumpily.

"Our boss would definitely get mad 'coz our plans didn't succeed."

As the two were walking on their way home, the injured cat jumped off the man's cradle and run off to the forest.

"Oh wait! Don't run away from me." Shout the lanky man while running after the cat.

"Ridge! Come back here! Tss. Always the one causing trouble." He too run after the one called Ridge.

"Here kitty kitty kitty."

Ridge called the cat to no avail. He was now in a clearing in the middle of the forest.

"Huff. Ridge!! Do you huff huff know how tiring this huff huff is!? Come huff on huff and leave that huff huff stray cat."

"Okaaayy. Sigh. I really want to keep that cat."

The two were about to leave when...

"Going somewhere boys?!!"