Chapter 5: The Power of Take Over

Pitted against two unknown persons who warranted her demise, the 'confrontation-aloof' take over mage was forced to fight her way to escape.

"Take over: Satan Soul!!!" A huge magic circle appeared above Mirajane. Blinding lights of black and purple array enveloped the S-Class mage. Her once silky hair was now tousled up, her smooth hands were now replaced by claws sharp enough to pierce through anything with ease. Elven ears started to pop out behind her head as well as the swinging of her tail and flapping of her bat-like wings.

"You shouldn't underestimate our guild. Let alone me!!!"

"Take over? Impressive but would you last long enough? Rock golem finish her off!!"

The behemoth started advancing toward its opponent, throwing punches and kicks to which was easily dodged by the infamous demon. Its brute strength and power were rendered feeble by the sheer speed and agility of the latter. The tides had turned, it was now on the defensive rather than otherwise. The demon began its counter-attack; maneuvering her light body to throw swift yet powerful punches and kicks. The golem was now hissing with anger and frustration, a reflection of his master's reaction.

"Hhow? I thought she's just the guild waitress? Arrgh!!! I gotta finish her off!!!" Said Ridge.

"Summoning Magic: Terrain Barricade!!!"

The once lush green forest was now turned into a rocky wasteland. Grass that carpeted the land became an arid crust of pebbles and fissures. The mighty trees that survived the ages are now pillars of rocks. The place tinged with wildlife were now a barren valley of scorching heat and death.

"Let's see if you can still fight back now Demon!!" The one named Vermont stated.

'Terrain effect? What could this do? I should be more careful for my actions. They wouldn't be sent here if they're weaklings.' Mira thought to herself. She immediately flew above to see the extent of the field it created. Weighing things and analyzing every detail to see if she could use things to her advantage.

"Hey? Why are you up in the air? Scared already? Rock Golem bring her to the ground."

"Uwraahh!"

A huge boulder a size of an average wagon came crashing against Mira an managed to hit her on her left shoulders.

"Aahhh!!" She is falling from the sky and seemed to lose consciousness.

"Gotcha! Rock Golem catch her. I wanna go home."

Just as it was about to catch Mira, the latter somersaulted using the golem's head as a leverage and flew above it.

"Demon Blast!"

"What the? Ridge what the hell happened?"

"I don't know! I can't see through the thick smoke."

The two abductors were having a hard time deciphering what had caused the explosion but few moments later they can see a silhouette of a woman with wings standing on a pile of rocks and boulders from the thinning dust and smoke.

"How many lives do you have? Why can't you just lose already."

"She's a cat Vermont. They have 9 lives."

"Well I don't fucking care. I will beat her 10 times if I have to."

"What's the matter? Tired already but we're just heating things up."

"Don't be so cocky Demon Mirajane. Rock Golem arise!"

As soon as the summoner chanted his words the pile of rocks that are the remains of the golem started trembling and assembling themselves.

"With terrain effect, Rock Golems can assemble themselves ad regenerate their lost parts. I told you resisting is futile. No matter how hard you hit it, it will go back to its usual form."

'This is harder than I thougj it would be. I should find a way to pulverize this rock. Oh wait!!?? That's right."

She smirked ack to her opponents. "It ain't over 'til its over boys."

Mirajane waste no time arguing and launched herself onto her opponent knocking it off its feet. The Rock Golem countered by tossing her off high above in the air.

"Evil Explosion!" A blackish purple beam fired from the body suspended in the dark skies. Once it hit its target a huge explosion carved the terrain furthering its crater filled face. The rock golem was now a fine sand withering from the cold breeze of winter sky.

"Your monster may have the immense unparalleled strength and regenaration due to its home court advantage but a battle is not only determined by brawns alone. Nothing regenerates back when it undergoes transformation. A sand will take thousands or even millions of years to become a rock."

"You bitch?!! I will end you right know! I don't care if our boss wants you alive. I'll kill you where you stand!!"

"Summoning Magic: Tomb Guardians of Alkatraz!"

Four magic circles appeared out of thin air, resembling somewhat a gate to a different dimensions. One was blood red, the others emerald green, sky blue, and deep brown. Coming out from the dimensional gates are four horrible creatures with a pair of wings. Each bearing a sign on their left forehand.

'That sign, I know that sign.'

"That sign, is it the sign of the four guards of the gates of Hades?"

"You really are something. No wonder you become an S-Class mage. You could be a great addition to our team, too bad you're resisting too much." Vermont replied.

"These are my finest summoned beings. The four demons representing the four basic elements."

"Pyrus the undying flame."

"Ventus the suffocating wind."

"Aqueous the melting water."

"And Tempus the parched earth."

"You're lucky to have seen them. I usually don't call them but since you're a  worthy opponent, I'll let them play with you. Afterall, a demon should fight a demon."

"I'm not a demon! Never was and never will be. I am a human. A fairy tail mage and I will show you the power of light. The Power of Take Over!"