Chapter 9:

Flashback

"You're good, pretty good but you are no match for the Death Arrow Squadron. I am Vermont, the void."

'Well then I have nothing else to do but use this.' She smiled at her thought.

"Hey what are you laughing at? Do you think you could get away from us? I can dispel all magic powers. So don't think that you could use yours. Ridge, finish her off." Vermont said.

"Tempus, crush her!" Ridge ordered the earth demon. It raised its humongous arm to pulverize the rather tiny opponent.

"Uwwrraah!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Whhaat the?!" Shocked crossed the faces of the two captors. They couldn't believe what they are seeing.

"Ridge what's the matter with your puppet?!" Vermont agitatedly asked his companion.

"Tempus I said crush her now!!!" Tension was easily identified with the owner of the voice. But no matter how loud he orders his summoned being, nothing changes. It's as if the being has been stoned or rather has a mind of his own."

"Hahaha. No matter what you do. He'll not obey you. Tempus release me." As if the shock between her opponents weren't enough, the monster immidiately release the take over mage.

"Bbutt hhoww?" Ridge stammered.

"Have you forgotten that my power is taking over demons? The moment you released your lovely pets already sealed your fate."

"Hahaha!!"

"Is something funny Void?!" She uttered the name with hatred and disgust.

"You never learn do you? Ur Laur Temperra Azsha!@#%" The void magic user haven't finished his incantation for a hand was choking him. A hand that was owned by his own comrade.

He looked desperately to him. Clearly confused on what was happening. His eyes silently asking what is wrong.

"My body! Why is my body moving on its own?!!" Ridge panicked.

Meanwhile amidst their turmoil, Mirajane was watching while riding on Tempus's shoulders.

After minutes of pure anguish from the hands of his own comrade, the strings that controlled both of them immediately vanished. No traces were left but the horrified faces of its unlikely victim.

"Now, tell me everything abour your mission."

"Wwee *cough* wwonnn't tell you that! We are *cough* not *cough* stupid!" Vermont panted.

Mirajane seemed unfaze by the answer. She motioned her hand ordering her newly gained ally to put her down.

"You may go and rest now Tempus." She said dismissing the earth demon.

Then she directed her attention to the still strugling men once more.

"Oh whether you like it or not you will tell me everything I want to know." She smiled menacingly.

"Never!" The two chorused.

With just a blink of an eye, the captives began hyperventilating. Their faces showed signs that they are choking though nothing chokes them nor anyone/anything is doing something to them.

"Wwhaat kkinnddd off mmaggiccc iss thhiss?!!"

"It's not magic. It's a curse. A demon's curse! Now, I order you, tell me about your plans!"