Chapter 38: Anger

Emily's POV

I strutted into my room picking out clothes to go out with Jean. Zayn was still in my bed peacefully sleeping, I giggled quietly ruffling his hair and kissing it.

I turned around about to walk out the room when his silky morning voice filled the silence.

"Where are you going?" He was up in a matter of seconds walking over and kissing my cheek.

"Jean wanted to buy breakfast, so we were going to get it and come back quick." I replied feeling flustered with his hands making soothing circular motions on my hips.

"And you weren't going to tell me?" He eyebrows knitted together in a serious matter.

"Nothing will happen." I laughed.

"I'll be fine, plus with Jean there she can knock out anyone at anytime." I gloated about my best friend.

"Okay just call me if anything." I nodded before walking downstairs to see Jean and Niall kissing.

I turned away walking out to grab my shoes and give them some privacy.

A very bubbly Jean came running in my direction with her hair in a messy bun and a blue flowery dress on.

"Ready to go?" She smiled.

I nodded walking out to the car with Jean behind me.

-

We ended up buying Dunkin'Donuts which was a twenty minute drive from the house.

While we waited for them to make our order, Jean and I sat down at one of the tables.

The place was barely packed considering it was already 10.

School was tomorrow once again, which I dreaded due to the biology test we had this week.

Our order was called and Jean got it before we walked out and drove back home.

"So, how's everything with Niall?" I asked generally concerned.

"It's good, he treats me well." She smiled.

"I mean no ones ever treated me the way he does. I felt like after Kyle I would just lose hope in finding "the one" you know?

"That is until I met Niall." I believed her because the way she said his name was with such admiration that almost anyone would envy the love that they had.

"He takes care of me, and knows me well enough to know when I need him, and when I need to be on my own.

"He's like a burst of energy that fills my day. May sound cheesy and all, but it's true.

"He's special in his own way and I love that I'm the one that gets to see him that way.

"I just.... Love him." Her eyes were watery as she tried to blink the happy tears away.

"I'm happy for you, and no matter what I'll always be here for you." I smiled.

"Me too."

-

When we got back Niall was working on some homework in the kitchen. Jean took her's and Niall's food to the kitchen while I took mine up to my room where I knew Zayn would be.

I approached my room door knocking before entering just in case, but there was no reply. I walked in to find my room empty which was odd.

"Zayn?" I called out with his coffee in one hand and the box of donuts in the other.

"Okay well, I guess I'll eat the donuts on my own it's -"

Suddenly someone wrapped there arms around my waist causing me to jump and drop the box of donuts and coffee.