Chapter 40: Three Days

Emily's POV

Three days.

It's been three days since I've heard from Zayn. My chest ached even when I said his name.

The weekend approached and mom was already home from her business trip, she had asked me about Zayn a few times and where he was or if he was coming over. I didn't reply and I think she got the hint because she hasn't asked me since then.

It's Friday afternoon right after school and I was exhausted with the amount of homework we got in science. I hated it but I still had to get good grades.

Walking home was always hard after what happened between Zayn and I. Every corner that I turned was just another memory we had together since we dated.

It's so much harder to be without Zayn then it ever was to be without Nathan. When we broke up I was completely okay with it, but the fact that he cheated was what hurt me.

I haven't been the same since school started, going back and thinking about it Zayn has made me a stronger person and has given me strength to do so much more then what Nathan ever did.

And I am so damn in love with him.

I bit my lip the tears beginning to form in the surface of my eyes. I wiped them away quickly before I approached home opening the front door.

Taking a shower seemed like a good idea to wash away my thoughts and tears, so I did just that. I grabbed everything I needed using my phone to play music as I stepped into the shower.

The warm water hit my skin and I felt better almost right away. Things would be hard, but that doesn't mean that it won't get better. It just meant that it would take more time to mend the wound in my chest that he had formed.

I spent another ten minutes on the shower before deciding that it was time to come out. I wrapped a towel around my damp hair for it to dry faster, and grabbed another one to wrap around my now cold body.

"Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe."

Taylor Swift's song was blasting through my iPhone as I stood in front of my wall mirror completely ready to cry. I realized then that even if he left me I still wanted him to remember me, anything about me. Even if it's one tiny memory that's still a little sketchy.

The tears were spilling continuously down my face as I wondered how he was dealing with all of this.

Did he already move one? Or is he crying in front of his mirror like me. I laughed even though it wasn't funny, I still laughed because no I couldn't imagine Zayn crying in front of his mirror over me.

A sudden noise caused my laughter to come to a halt. It sounded like a person talking downstairs- scratch that, two people were talking downstairs.

I gulped loudly before pulling my towel tighter around me and grabbing the near by broom stick in the corner of the bathroom. I took slow and steady paced steps down the stairs trying not to make any noise. I nearly died when the stairs creaked beneath my feet. I reached the bottom of the stairs looking around the entire house for any intruder but there was none. A sighed in relief before turning around but only to come face to face with a man, I screamed in horror before whacking the man with the broom in my hand.

"Ow! Oh fuck!" The man shouted in pain. I decided to stop to give him a few seconds to explain.

"Vee said you were expecting us! I didn't mean to scare you, I'm so sorry." I sighed in relief before I had time to process his words. Vee was here.

I dropped the broom about to run outside to see her before I remembered something.

"Wait, but who the fuck are you?"