~chapter 2~

Hades' POV

Glee. Joy. That was what filled me as I watched the look of pure terror on the faces of the Olympians. The very people who condemned me to a dark gloomy realm for eternity. My own family. Yet, no pity comes over me. The Olympians never cared for me, or felt pity for leaving me with Persephone in a realm with more dead and withered than alive. It pleased me to watch them stare at the very enemies they fought so hard to trap in Tartarus. Freed by a single command of mine, these Titans were more than delighted to be freed, to join my side and exact revenge on the Olympians that condemned us all to the Underworld for an eternity.

Than, a loud roar disrupts my thoughts. Cronus, the leader of the Titans, smirks at his son. Zeus.

"It's been awhile my dear favourite son."

"As with you, Father. At least a millenia. You seem to look more haggard after your stay in Tartarus. Did you enjoy it there?" Zeus smirks, teasing Cronus as if unworried that the Titans were free. But I could hear the fear in Zeus' voice, as he glares at me and Cronus in turn. By releasing our Father and uncles, I had essentially undid everything Zeus had done to protect him and his family from the Titans.

"What do you want from us Cronus?" Artemis steps up, a gleaming silver arrow tip pointed at Cronus' throat.

Yet Cronus seems barely disturbed at the prospect of an arrow through his throat. "Ah Artemis, my beloved granddaughter, always so quick to jump to conclusions." Cronus smiles, taking a tiny step forward. A tiny drop of ichor blooms at the centre of his neck, where Artemis's arrow was pressed taut against his throat. Yet, like an animal, he seems unperturbed by the pain.

"TAKE ANOTHER STEP CRONUS, and it'll be your last." Artemis snarls. She draws her bow tighter, but Cronus simply smiles but steps back to stand behind me.

"Hades. What have you done?" Demeter cries out. Cronus' presence seemed to remind Hera and Demeter of the time in their early childhood when they were swallowed alive by Cronus. Being the oldest, besides Hestia, they had spent the longest time in Cronus' stomach.

Suddenly, Athena groans. Her skin is pale from the ichor she lost as my dagger prevents her wound from healing and the ichor is running down her neck in torrents. Her once white chiton is covered in gold ichor. Zeus looks on worriedly. After all, Athena is his favourite daughter. I smile knowing I am causing Zeus such anguish by harming his favourite daughter.

Demeter looked on worriedly. I smile at Demeter's worry, always so caring and sweet, doting on Athena as though she is a prized possession, especially after I took Persephone down with me to the Underworld.

Yet I do not comply, even pushing my dagger more into Athena's throat and a fresh gush of ichor goes sliding down her chest, and she gasps. "Not so strong now eh my dear niece?" I smile as she grimaces. "Whatever happened  to the strong Goddess of war strategy and wisdom?" I taunt Athena.

Athena growls hoarsely "I may be a goddess Hades, but I am still more than a match for you." And suddenly, Athena slides her hand behind mine, pushing my hand away from her throat, and snatches the dagger from my grasp. Grabbing Persephone, she hold the knife to Persephone's throat, and edges slowly to stand by Artemis' side.

She was faking being weak I realised. Anger overtakes me. How could I have fallen for it?

I take a step forward. Persephone may not be a good wife, but I loved her dearly. "If you hurt her, I'll make your life a living hell." I growl as Athena pressed the dagger stained with her ichor against Persephone's throat. Persephone whimpers and shoots me a pleading glance.

Along with the rest of the Olympians, Athena and Artemis backs away slowly, till they are at the edge of the balcony, overlooking Earth.

"Oh you wouldn't dare." I smirk. Leaping off Mount Olympus was risky, and the Olympians definitely knew it.

Athena smiled, as ichor continued trailing down her neck. The front of her white chiton was now mainly gold, and her pale face seemed like one of the dead in my Underworld. Yet she seemed determined.

"Why wouldn't I? I hold your precious wife. With her, you will give me whatever I want, wouldn't you?" She crooned, sliding her dagger across Persephone's smooth flawless cheek, and a cut blooms before our eyes but heal as quickly as it appears, leaving behind a pale white scar.

Demeter whimpers. After all, Persephone is her favourite daughter.

"You stop that." I growl.

Yet at the edge of the Mount Olympus, and with ichor flowing non-stop from a deep gash in her neck, Athena seems unafraid. Standing shoulder to shoulder with Artemis, she whispers something. Artemis nods, and with her arrow still strung and pointed at us, she slowly takes a step back and murmur a message to the rest of the Olympians.

I see Aphrodite's eyes widen and she bites her thick luscious lips but nods her approval anyways. The rest of the Olympians stand at the very edge of the palace, seemingly ready to jump off.

I frown. They wouldn't really jump would they? I take a step forward but Athena shakes her head.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Cronus steps forward.

"Oh come on Athena. You won't last long like this. You've lost so much ichor, even if the other gods survive their descent to Earth, would you? Just hand Persephone over and we will show you mercy I promise. You won't even have to suffer in Tartarus like the rest of them! Jus place your dagger down, and surrender."

Cronus' voice is so tempting, I see Athena hesitate. But than with resolution, she tightens her grip on the dagger.

"Never Cronus. Till we meet again."

And without another word, she shoves Persephone towards my embrace, and along with the 11 other Olympians, dive off of Mount Olympus, to the Earth far below.