Fanfiction Review

"Piper and Jason: Half-Blood Academy"

By: Rainlover199

Rating: 3/5

Spoilers for The Burning Maze here!

  Jasper is another of my OTPs in the Percy Jackson series, and this book was very cute. It was another high school AU, and I really liked it.

  It started off with a bang, getting straight to the ship, which I enjoyed. Jason kissed Piper in front of the whole school! Piper felt stuck in this situation, which I liked to read.

  It was cute how they first got together, Annabeth pushing them to talk, then sharing a kiss. I think that was really sweet. I think Percy and Annabeth were really amazing friends in this (Percy to Jason and Annabeth to Piper). They kept trying to set them up which I thought was funny.

  Jason forgetting his birthday was so typical and I loved it! It reminded me of Percy from The Last Olympian and that was really cute. The whole party was fun to read as well. My hate for Drew was also fueled in this book when she began to make fun of Piper, and saying Jason is just trying to make her jealous.

  I loved Jasper's cute little moments, like going to the tree. That part also made me laugh because of the Percabeth appearance. The truth or dare game with all the characters was fun to read. I kept imagining Percy with makeup, dressed in pink, and it was very humorous.

  I appreciated the small details, like the football team being called 'Half-Bloods'. Those details were fun to spot. I was shocked by the cliffhanger at the end of chapter nine, it was so sudden, and, as I said, shocking. Piper suddenly passing out because of a weird figure in the distance!

  I felt bad for Jason as he felt he had to find her and quickly, and he was told so suddenly. When I found out the people kidnapping Piper (Jacob and Ethan) just wanted to test Jason's love I was even more shocked. My first thought was that they were under Drew. I felt Piper got back too quickly after being kidnapped, but that's just a personal preference.

  I wasn't expecting to see Jason and Drew kissing, especially after four months of them being together. Piper felt horrible, and I felt bad for her. I knew Jason would never do that, so I was pleased to see that Drew forced him.

  It was all a miscommunication, so Piper was angry at Jason, but Jason didn't know why. I'm glad that Annabeth realized this quickly, and could help resolve the problem. But that didn't work.

  Jason and Piper breaking it off reminded me of The Burning Maze, when they also broke up. It also felt like The Burning Maze after Jason got shot, but thankfully it was just in the arm. I was glad he wasn't shot in a fatal area.

  This ended up being a good thing, though, because it got Jason and Piper back together. I was happy for that. Piper finding the cubs was unexpected, as was her reaction. She loved them and I find that so cute.

  I thought it was so adorable that Thalia walked in on them about to kiss. Her reaction was very entertaining.

  I was confused when it was told that Jason was injured and that Piper wasn't able too see him. I liked the added mystery. I was upset when Jason had no idea who Piper was after a fall to the head. Especially after everything they've been through! It was good that he finally started to remember.

  On the whole, I thought this book was good, but it was very fast-paced. I think the book could benefit slowing down some more and focusing on small things. However, I loved this book and thought it was very good.

By LeoValdezUpInFlames