chapter 13

talia
8:44pm
jack had pulled up to my house and parked in the driveway, he opened my door and picked me up.
"i really don't want you to go home." he pouted walking up to my front door.
"i don't want to either." he grabbed my keys out of my purse and unlocked the door.

he put me down and i grabbed his hand then proceeded to walk inside my house. we went to the living room and i plopped down on the couch.
"talia." i heard sammy say.
"yea?" jack climbed over the couch then cuddled up next to me.
"what's. on. your. fucking. neck." he coldly said, coming closer to us.

"uhm not-"
"what's on your fucking neck, i'm not going to ask you again." he was standing behind the couch now. i was actually scared, i squeezed jack's hand.
"sam." i squeaked.
"show me." i sighed and moved my hair from my neck. it was dark and plainly out, standing out to sammy.
"jack." he started off softly at first.

"what the fuck." he yelled, pushing his chest.
"what do you mean! what the fuck is bothering you." jack stood up and pushed sammy back. my heart began to beat out of my chest. i was terrified, i knew what they could do to each other.
"that's my fucking sister what do you mean the fuck is bothering me!" sammy attempted to push jack back, he didn't budge.

"i'm fucking happy, didn't you say you wanted me to be happy!" jack yelled.
sammy hit him square in the jaw, jack wasn't really affected. then jack tackled sammy to the ground, punch after punch.
"stop it." i cried out, trying to push jack off. he pushed me off of him and i fell to the ground. sammy turned over and threw punches at jack, both of their knuckles bloody. sammy was about to go for another punch but i ran over and grabbed his fist.

"stop, please." i whimpered, tears falling out of my eyes. sammy's eyes softened and he put his fist down. jack got up and his eyes softened when we locked eyes.
"jack lets go." i looked away, my voice cracking as i spoke.
"talia, i-" sam tried to speak.

"i just can't stay here right now, i'm really upset with both of you but sam i just can't believe you right now." i felt my eyes getting glossy.
i got up and went outside, slamming the door. i didn't know what to do, i didn't want to be mad at jack.

he had closed the front door and i had watched him get into the car, i followed getting into the passenger side. he had started driving without saying a word, i needed to cool down for a bit.

8:58pm
i went straight to the couch because i knew jack was going to go up to his room but he didn't.
"i promised to talk about all our problems before we argue about them." jack broke the silence.

"well, let's talk about it but let's get you cleaned up." i grabbed his hand and took him to his upstairs bathroom.

he grabbed the stuff under his sink and i sat on the side of the sink. he handed me the basket filled with bandaids, rubbing alcohol, neosporin and a bunch of other things.
he stood in between my legs and i grabbed a cotton ball then put the rubbing alcohol on it.

i put it up against a cut on his cheek, he winced at the pain and squeezed my arm. i put a small bandaid on his cheek then used a new cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and cleaned up the blood on his knuckles. he had a few cuts and scratches but they weren't as bad.
"baby i'm not mad at you." i said looking up at him.
"you aren't? i thought you'd be angry at me for even punching back." he winced again.

"oh sorry but no i'm not mad at you, i'm mad at sammy. when i was pushed back i was taken aback because you did it."
"no no no, i didn't mean to i promise you. i would never hurt you." his hands cupped my face.

he leaned down for a kiss and i pecked his lips,  "i have to bandage your knuckles baby."
"no i'm fine, they're just little scratches."
"jack-" he took the basket off of my lap.

"you're always going to be taking care of me, i wanna take care of you."
"you want me to get hurt?"
"no, no. you're reading this wrong baby." he chuckled and smiled, his smile can be the death of me.
"then what?"
"stay with me, as long as you want until you have to go home."

"okay, i will." i said softly. he picked me up off of the sink and twirled me around, i began to laugh and he made his way to his room.
"what's mine is yours." he smiled.
"there's a lot of memories in this room."

he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bed with him, we started laughing and our lips found their way to each other again.  "remember when you tried to run away from home so you came here." he laughed.
"remember the first time you got drunk and i was hanging out with laura when this house was still your parents'. i had to help you sneak in after laura fell asleep." i burst out in laughter.

"yea and the first time you got drunk when you were sixteen. i let you stay here because you knew sammy would be mad. that night was hilarious, johnson and i helped you up the stairs."
"whatever i was sixteen, i was at a junior party!" i smiled.
"which you weren't supposed to be at, i love you tali." his lips connected with mine and i had kissed back.